or Connect

Posts by gabb7

doing a firmware upgrade now it's been at it for the past 30 minutes, will post some pictures later...
509 just started to appear online but I was waiting for TX-NR609. Not really sure if the marvel chip will be of any help. And haven't had any Onkyo receivers yet
yeah same thing happened to me with the old comcast cable box and then the new one worked great. until I bought the PS3 that works on and off... - well at least it works and I can fix it by switching the input on my AV receiver. the bad news came when I bought the xbox 360 elite, that thing never showed a normal picture on HDMI also, I recently got the popcorn hour 110, same green screen over HDMI so wait a minute, the only hdmi devices that work every single time are...
yeah I second this. I thought I was the only one that saw a big improvement over the S97 don't know what I'm gonna do with the S97 now ...
so I got the toshiba player last night from BB. it works just fine with the panny receiver via HDMI. I only have the "last samurai" and noticed when selecting bitstream I only get 2 channels as for PCM I get 5+1 @ 96 khz. I guess is because as far as I heard the decoding is done in the player, so I guess that should be fine, I would care less who does the decoding ...
picked up mine @ the local BB last night. it worked just fine with the panny hdmi receiver and the picture looks really good on the 42' lcd (hdmi input) load times are not that bad, I was expecting allot worse after reading the posts. what I was really impressed was the quality of SD DVDs and that compared with the panny S97 upconverting player.
hey Ricanmeng, where you able to figure this out ? I have the sa-xr70 receiver (hooked via hdmi to a S97 player) I am thinking to buy the toshiba player but after reading your post I was a little bit concerned. I thought the panny receiver is 1.1 compliant. Somebody else here mentioned his setup was working ...
checked out the latest tree from http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/v4l-dvb had to change the PCI ids in saa7134-cards.c (the right ones for the ADS card are 1421:0380) recompiled the modules, reloaded (with modprobe -f otherwise it would complain for unkown symbol something) reloading the modules sees the card right (from what I can tell), I'll just have to wait 'till I get home and see if it really works. ---- ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:02:07.0[A] -> Link [APC4]...
unfortunately there's no search function on the linux-dvb mailing list. I compiled the latest snapshot from mercurial but it doesn't load right in my kernel. I'll have to go trough the mailing list archives again...
I just got this card yesterday and I've had no success to make it work in my mythtv box. I'll probably have to take it back. with the latest kernel I compiled (2.6.16-rc4) the drivers doesn't recognise the tuner so I can't use it. --- Linux video capture interface: v1.00 saa7130/34: v4l2 driver version 0.2.14 loaded ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNK4] enabled at IRQ 3 ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:02:07.0[A] -> Link [LNK4] -> GSI 3 (level, low) -> IRQ 3 saa7133[0]:...