or Connect

Posts by AudioArchitect

While I think that power cords play a very smart role, if not non-existent role in improving one's sound system, hi-fi is a hobby at the end of the day, and if nothing else, if someone feels better psychologically about have a $100-300 power cords plugged into their amplifier, then whose to argue. We live in a world where people buy $500 bottles of wine with dinner without batting an eye. Spending a $100 on a power cord and having it last for 10 years seems socially...
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerialsound I have not heard the gems. The studio and salon were the only ones I auditioned. They sellers wanted me to go with the salons. No surprise there since they are so much more. They mention that it fitted well 2 feet from the back wall with not issues. That doesn't mean that with more space they could not sound even better. This comes down to which ones provides the best performing for the room. I can see the...
There is a lot of sonic improvement to be had in upgrading to the C4. I wouldn't even question that. Your Bryston stuff should be good for them.
I love the Revel Voice2 paired with the C4, hahaha. The original C4 retailed for almost 5 times more than the Focus 220mk2. Its a completely different class of speaker. I would consider this a reference-type speaker. If you have the room for it, it is 100% worth every penny, but you are going to want some decent gear with them.
The S3.4 is a great speaker. Very, very well-balanced from top to bottom, with a little bit of that extra bottom end like you are talking about. I'm fan of floorstanders myself as I like the reinforcement in the bottom registers among other benefits. In some rooms I dare say that the C1 can play very low, probably not that far off from a 3.4. The Esotar2 tweeter does make a tremendous difference in any of their speakers that utilize them. To my ear it is the best...
I believe that listening to and enjoying music requires a higher order of brain function, much more so than viewing a HD picture for instance, which will invoke a similar response in most people, which is...WOW....that looks awesome! Because of the utilizing of more brain function and the fact that all of our brain's work a little different, even though you can argue the psychology of humans are predictable, audio brings in a large element of subjectivity. If we were to...
Quote: Originally Posted by RaceTripper I thought I would throw up a (crappy) picture of my system, since it's just about complete (waiting on REL cable). Rega RP3/TTPSU with Groovetracer Reference Subplatter Dynavector 20x2-H Sumaudio Moon 110LP w/Welborne Labs PSU Naim UnitiQute Naim NAP 250-2 Dynaudio Contour S1.4 Dynaudio Stand4 REL Serie T-7 Okki Nokki RCM Cables are all Transparent Audio. I'm actually a little surprised that you are...
Quote: Originally Posted by RaceTripper My S1.4s have some cosmetic damage on the metal baffle plates, that I made even worse by trying to fix. My dealer has been some difficulty getting a quote for replacements from Dynaudio. After dragging along for a couple months I complained to Mick via PM. He got it taken care of in a day! Now I have new baffles ordered. I've worked with lots of high-end manufacturers, and in all my dealings, Mick is by far...
[quote=titaniumhead;20893027]I've driven C2 to ear bleeding levels and have not had popping issues, however, if you are trying to reproduce 20hz at 110 db you are going to need to run serious power into these things. I've used Mcintosh MC501, Levinson ML436, Musical Fidelity KW, and Parasound JC1 and those had a lot more dynamic headroom than an A21 for reproducing those very demanding passages at high volume levels. Tubes are a slightly different matter. Your room is 18...
Not that I think its your gear, but what are you using with these s1.4? Amp, preamp, integrated, or receiver, specifically. When you say "dark-sounding", what is this compared to? In other words, what other speakers have you owned, used, listened to, that serves as your basis for comparison.