or Connect

Posts by DirtyHarry3033

I've had the RM6900 for a week now, and I like 'em For the size, there is a lot more "authority" there than I expected, they fill the room nicely and when I'm watching something like Saving Private Ryan or Die Hard I'm worried about the neighbors calling the cops! About the size, the fronts with the RM6900 are around 12-13" tall. You will NOT be standing these up in a bookcase, the bottoms are angled, not flat. They have to be mounted on either the included stands, or...
Quote: Originally Posted by m@rkus Even then, remember that it is simply that, an OPINION and not fact. Your opinion may differ substantially from others as preference comes into play so do not slam others who do not share your opinion and do not take a consensus of opinions as gospel. Couldn't agree more. I imagine hearing is the most subjective of the senses, what sounds fantastic to me may sound like crap to someone else, and vice versa. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by treaders The in-ceiling speakers did play for a few minutes but then the home theater system stopped working. I connected only 2 of the in-ceiling speakers and then the home theater system stopped working (smells like something burnt out, whoops!). I did not have any of the existing home theater system speakers connected. If you smelled something cooking, then I'd say your receiver is fried. It's an unmistakable...
No prob ;) I was wanting to see some input on the 6900 when I was thinking about it, but didn't find too much. So I thought I'd give my 2 cents worth. Just finished up the last 1/2 of "Die Hard" and I've gotta say these speakers sound a LOT bigger than they have a right to. Guess I'd have to say they've got a lot of "authority" for their size. That scene with the attack helicopters flying toward the Nakatomi building, jeez I could almost believe they were flying over...
Quote: Originally Posted by cyaford I am in dire need of an audio set-up to complement my Panny TV. After watching several action movies on DVD over the past month, I can no longer stand the sucky audio coming from the TV. I had planned on waiting a while before investing in a nice set-up, but I've reached the point where I need something NOW. I am still unsure what receiver I will get, but I am leading towards the Pioneer VSX-1015TX. I may also look...
I bought a TX-SR702 from CC a couple weeks ago and so far I'm lovin' it :) But I think it might defective - 1st thing I noticed after running it a few hours, the top of the case got EXTREMELY hot (125+ F) despite 6.5" of clearance over it, back of rack totally open, and door ajar 6". I fixed the heat problem by laying a 120mm 12v case fan over the vent slots on top, and running it off a 9v adapter plugged in the switched outlet. Worked like a champ! But then I...
Quote: Originally Posted by No_Towel_Lint Thanks for the tips guys...I appreciate it! I got an idea from Andrew67 last night which is working fantastic for me. I bought an Onkyo TX-SR702 yesterday, mounted in a glass-door cabinet w/about 5" clearance on top, and 1/4" on either side. After a few hours I was VERY concerned about the heat, using a digital thermometer with a stick-on probe the temp on the top of the chassis was hitting 122+ F. ...
Andrew67, thanks for the idea - I made up a 120mm 12vdc fan tonight rigged to an old 9v modem PS and it is working FANTASTIC :D Last night after a few hours, the temp on the top surface of the chassis hit a max of 122F which IMO is way too hot! Been running it 3 hours with your fan idea, and the top surface temp hasn't gotten over 94F :D Nearly 30 degree difference and only 11 deg over room temp... And it's not quite but almost COOL to the touch! Thx, I owe ya!
Quote: Originally Posted by Andrew67 My connections are bare wire and a bit of electrical tape to hold it all together. Very low tech. The fan is sitting on top of the receiver with rubber feet so that it doesn't vibrate and it's sucking air out. The amazing thing being that top of the receiver is actually cool to the touch. Fan was $10 @ CompUSA. I'm sure any fan that moves the slightest amount of air will solve the problem, so if you have something...
Quote: Originally Posted by DeepFreeze451 you cannot use an RCA COMPOSITE cable for digital audio or proper COMPONENT. Hmm, I'm using a Radio Shack yellow, red, white composite cable to connect my DVD to my panny TH-42PX50U via component. You're right, it don't work - I only think I'm seeing PQ that looks as good as my SA 8300HD connected by a true "component" cable ;) When the TW cable tech installed my 1st HD box a couple years ago, and I...