or Connect

Posts by jstenuf

UPDATE:WOOT! I replaced my DCX 3400 DVR with a Motorola RGN200n DVR and all is well!
Thanks for the response. I am not willing to give up my HDMI connection. That seems like a step backwards to me.I just got an email from Darbee Vision support identifying the Comcast DVR as the culpret. I am going to see if I can get a different DVR from Comcast.
I just received my Darblet and while it works fine with my Oppo, I cannot get it to work with my DVR. I get an error message that says something about "My HD Receiver security has been compromized". I cannot read the rest of it because it is not on the screen long enough. After the warning message drops off, I get a series of flashing horizontal color bars, with sound, but no picture. If I remove the Darblet I get a HDTV picture. The issue is there even on SDTV. Has...
I need some help with adding “wides” to my current system. I have a complete 8080 system: front, center, surrounds, with a second pair of 8080’s for surround back. I was thinking of moving the surround backs to the wide position and putting 8060 or 8040 in the back. My room is only 13 feet wide so if I put the 8080 in the 45 degree position I will not have enough room to move them 16 inches from the back wall as well as the back of the speakers will not be parallel to...
I need some help with adding “wides” to my current system. I have a complete 8080 system: front, center, surrounds, with a second pair of 8080’s for surround back. I was thinking of moving the surround backs to the wide position and putting 8060 or 8040 in the back. My room is only 13 feet wide so if I put the 8080 in the 45 degree position I will not have enough room to move them 16 inches from the back wall as well as the back of the speakers will not be parallel to...
Yes.
Is anyone using bias or back lighting with their VT50? If so, are you having any reflection issues?
It has been my experience that people play with the settings then leave the store and the sales reps do not reset them to factory defaults.
Thanks for the response. My concern is running the slides in the "Vivid" mode which is contrary to other proceedures I have read.
My understanding of the break in process calls for a 50% reduction in the contrast a brightness. This proceedure is completely different: http://allhighdef.com/2011/01/05/general-plasma-hdtv-break-in-procedure/ Please review and comment.