or Connect

Posts by Stinky-Dinkins

I also had a salesman tell me this last night while I was looking at a 50" SXRD. He also said that the TV displays 720p if the source is 720p, and that it displays 1080i if the source is 1080i... so take from that what you may. The salesman I was talking to was a Best Buy employee.... given what he was saying about resolutions I just assumed his firewire claims were false.
Is 6 feet an acceptable viewing distance for the 50" SXRD (That's the maximum my room allows)? Would I be overwhelmed, or would the PQ be negatively affected by sitting that close?
Thanks man. For people with the 360... what's the preferred connection? Component or VGA? If it's component did you set it to 720p or 1080i for best results? If VGA what res did you set it to?
I'm disappointed with the black levels on the bravia XBR 40" LCD set and I'm considering bringing it back and getting a 50" SXRD. I have a couple of questions. Would the Denon 3910 upconverting DVD player be a good choice for this model? Would I set it to upconvert to 720p or 1080i? Are there any macroblocking issues for this set and that player (the 3910 has one of those faroudja chips and I heard it has MB issues with certain sets?) How does this TV look for...
I'm about to pick up a Denon 3910 DVD player for a XBR 40" LCD. I heard the 3910 player has MB with certain displays because of its faroudja chip. I tried finding this info in the official V40XBR1 thread with anyone else with this specific configuration but I came up empty handed. I was just wondering if this display has any macroblocking issues... or any other issues that would prevent the 3910 from being considering an excellent DVD player choice for this specific...
Which set would you recommend if its primary use were to be gaming?
Bump for this thread. Won't the PS2 blur a lot more because the textures are of such a lower res? I'd be primarily playing 360 on a 40" (and PS3 when it’s released I suppose).... I'd like to know how much blurring to expect. I'd keep the standard def consoles to the old standard CRT Trinitron. I've heard people say that there is virtually no blurring when playing the 360... I've heard others say it's so distracting that it's hard to stomach (but most of these...
I'd like to see more settings (Hammr and others,) if it's using component HDMI etc, and what it's displaying (XBox, DVD, etc.) Thanks.
I already posted this is another thread, I forgot to check this thread first. I've been reading some conflicting reports. After quite a bit of research and a little saving I'm about to pull the trigger on a few things (TV, reciever, etc.) I was wondering if there would be any noticeable signal degradation using the HDMI switching feature on the Denon 3806? Specifically would there be any noticeable visual difference between running the DVD player (Denon 3910)...
After quite a bit of research and a little saving I'm about to pull the trigger on a few things (TV, reciever, etc.) I was wondering if there would be any noticeable signal degradation using the HDMI switching feature on the Denon 3806? Specifically would there be any noticeable visual difference between running the DVD player (Denon 3910) directly to the TV (Bravia V40XBR1 40" LCD) or hooking the DVD player up to the 3806 and connecting the receiver's HDMI out to the LCD?