or Connect

Posts by RMK!

Those Hawaiian winters can be brutal. I remember having to wear jeans one night as the temps dipped into the high 60's. On a brighter note, the subwoofer system is making you nauseous and destroying your house so you are right on track. I discovered a nice long crack on the front wall drywall and it wasn't even on a seam. How cool is that ? Not to brag, but with the violent shaking the Orbit Shifters gave my suspended floor HT room, I'm sure there is other yet to be...
Umm those ^ were not my words. It was a cut and paste job from an acoustic treatments website. Guess I should have posted in quotes ... Fixed
I have no doubt.Your Theater looks and I know will sound like one of the best.
Great job on the front stage Mr. Beck.
I am using the source direct pass through on the Integra processor from the HTPC or the OPPO BDP83. I'm mostly using the HTPC for music on the 215RT's and it sounds incredible. Desertdome did a great job setting up JRiver.I just had foot surgery (4 hours in the OR) on my right foot and will be laid up for 4-6 weeks. I plan on lots of music listening and movie watching with the 215's. Will also run some more measurements with Omnimic and play with the Rane and JRiver...
Thanks for the photos and comments coolgeek. The added brightness of the XD is important to me as I am close to the limit of what my Sony projector can do even using High lamp mode on my 120" Seymour fixed screen. I've been considering a powered 2:35 AT screen and I was thinking of going wider (130") and your test makes the decision easier.
It is funny how the tides swing around here. I think the product comparisons are fun. In the case of the SH50's in Beasts room, he has spent weeks tweaking the SH50's and the Noesis did not have the benefit of careful placement or lengthy EQ'ing. The subjective opinions are based upon how the room and treatments effect each speaker, the EQ'ing that was done and the subjective taste of the listener. Honestly, anyone who says there are big differences in sound quality...
Yes
Hey Mark. Glad you made it to the GTG and sorry we didn't get a chance to talk. Any speaker that doesn't do music well is questionable because movies are to a large extent the sound track. You need to bring the wife over for a movie night and we will play the system at reasonable levels to give her a taste of Home Theater. My wife doesn't like it loud either (something about it makes her ears hurt or, she's concerned about her hearing or other such nonsense ) and so we...