or Connect

Posts by TheGSRGuy

My folks have a BDP-S350. It's getting picky and won't play certain discs, even with firmware updates. My dad has had it and is probably going to replace it. He wants something that will play all Blu-ray discs and won't give him problems. Not really an audiophile so it doesn't need to handle SACD, 7.1 analog out, etc. Just needs to be reliable and not picky about the discs it plays. I am tempted to suggest a PS3 to him or the Oppo BDP-93 but the Oppo is pricey and...
The discs are fine. They play in my dad's BD-ROM drive. Already has the .24 firmware update. Even doing a full reset it just refuses. I even inserted the .24 update CD and it said it already had the update. They received Pirates OTC: At World's End and it just says "loading" forever and finally errors out. My dad is this close to just trashing it and buying something like the Oppo or even a PS3. Any other ideas?
From what I see on here, the S350 is actually one of the least picky "commonly available" players.
My parents have a Sony BDP-S350 with all of the latest firmware updates (has a wired Ethernet connection). They're saying it won't play a lot of Netflix Blu-ray discs, such as Black Swan and Rabbit Hole and Unstoppable. The new releases seem to have a very low success rate. BD Internet (Live) is already disabled. They're getting quite frustrated at this point and are resorting to sitting in front of my Dad's 23" computer monitor to watch via his workstation. Not sure...
My parents have a Sony BDP-S350 with all of the latest firmware updates (has an Ethernet connection). They're saying it won't play a lot of Netflix Blu-ray discs, such as Black Swan and Rabbit Hole. The new releases seem to have a very low success rate They're getting quite frustrated at this point and are resorting to sitting in front of my Dad's 23" computer monitor to watch via his workstation. Not sure what else to check or have them do. I guess I am spoiled...
Can you expand on that a bit?
Only 80W RMS? My BIC is far more powerful than that, though to be fair the level control is at about 30%.
Apparently the 10" woofer is powered, the 12" is passive. Odd setup.
Found someone selling this locally for a good price. Apparently it's 240W with a 10" front-firing and 12" down-firing woofer. I can't find much info on this sub. Any good? Majority of my use is movies/TV. Currently have a BIC VK12.
Can you expand on this? The receiver does have Audyssey and hence it is able to do a bit.