or Connect

Posts by TheGSRGuy

I'll try the doorstops under the center speaker to aim it more at my ears. Guitar Center sells those Mopad isolation foam blocks that are already angled so that's an idea too. Also, my receiver does not have "small". It has "full range", then 40, 50, 60, 80, etc. Should I set it to the highest? (160 or 200 I think)
Just shifted the center channel up onto the same stand as the TV. There was a modest improvement in dialogue but the shelf is not really big enough to hold both. Disabling the center speaker was another modest improvement. If anything (and perhaps this is again just poor mixing), there's just no clarity in the voices. The tweeter is definitely okay but for whatever reason, Audyssey set my center channel to "full band". Perhaps the woofers on that speaker are simply...
Thanks. The TV is a DLP so it is not wall mountable, unfortunately. I'll try to experiment with pushing the TV back a bit on the stand and placing the center channel directly in front of it. Care to elaborate a bit on your comment about the DVDs? Not sure how they could be doing much since they're to the side. I'm also wondering how you guys claim you can listen at -20dB? How do you know that's truly the level? My Onkyo is only showing some arbitrary number for volume....
Doesn't turning the center to "OFF" make all dialogue go away? Or will the receiver spread it across the remaining two front speakers? Here's what I see when sitting on the couch, if that helps. I just moved in so please excuse my lack of cable organization or decoration...
For the last year or so I have been less-than-thrilled with the dialogue tracks in movies and certain TV shows. It's quite difficult to hear the speech over the background music or sound effects. I have re-run the Audyseey calibration several times and even bumped the center channel up by 3 or 4dB but it just doesn't help. Dialogue seems to get drowned-out. Seems to be worse in some films than others (perhaps due to poor sound mixing). Case in point was tonight. I...
Haven't seen any updates to the lineups. How accurate are they? Just hooked a friend's new Samsung TV up to her RCN service and it discovered a bunch of channels.
Current setup is as follows: Onkyo TX-SR606 Polk R50 (f) Polk CSi25 (c) Polk RT/FX (s) BIC VK12 (LFE) Lately the center channel is just not giving me what I want. I've tried boosting the center channel volume, re-running Audyssey, fiddling with EQ...not much improvement. The CSi25 is technically "matched" to the R50s, if that matters. Methinks it's time for something better in the middle. I'm eyeing the Polk CS2 since NewEgg has it on sale for $119. Any...
Currently rocking Polk R50s as my front channels. A local guy on Craigslist has the RT800i for a pretty good price and I'm contemplating this upgrade. Is this even worth my time and effort? Part of me thinks I ought to put that money into a better center channel instead (currently an older Polk CSi).
Ha, that was the exact site I found too.
For the first time I am living in an apartment with carpet in the family room. Since I acquired my speakers second-hand (Craigslist, etc) they don't have spikes. What's a good source for basic spikes? Polk R15 (f) Polk CSi (c) Polk RT/FX (r, on wood stands) BIC VK12 subwoofer