or Connect

Posts by ZinMe

Is it possible to use an sc-27 to play bluray HD 3D, or is an upgrade to an SC-37 necessary?
I'm updating my TV/HT during a remodel, and I'm curious on the benefits of Tivo over the Comcast DVR. I have a Comcast deployed motorola DVRs that is about 5 years old. Its Ok, but the UI is slow, it crashes occassionally and it is not as intuitive as Tivo. I understand that I have to get a cable card to use Tivo-- is that expensive, and how well does it work? Also, I saw mention of a montly hardware access fee- how much is that? Will Comcast's on demand...
I am having a home theater installed in about two weeks. I bought two Waltz speakers and a Maestro about 2 months ago when Magnolia let me know they were being phased out of their stores. The discounts were better than the usual 10%-- I got the Waltz NIB for $660 and the Maestro for around $900. I am seeing prices on this thread that are better. I beleive Magnolio has a price protection policy. Is there any pricing I can find listed for less than this to get...
kwkshift- thanks for the input on the T-1, I'll give it a shot and like you say, possibly upgrade if there are any issues.
If anyone has a view on this, it would be very much appreciated.
I am looking for some advice on a subwoofer set-up for my home theater / listening room. The room is 16 x 20 x 9 = 2,880. My system set up will be a Pioneer SC-27 with two wall mounted Vienna Acoustics Waltz speakers, with a Theatro center (may switch to a Maestro) and two Martin Logan Helos 100 in-ceiling speakers. Magnolia is recommending an REL T-1 for the subwoofer. I don't really care that much about thundering bass for movies, but I do care about good...
I am planning to set-up a Sonos system for about 5-7 zones in my home in one month during a remodel. There are two zones where I want to have better audio quality than the others. In the family room which will have the home theater, I am planning on a 5.1 system based on Vienna Acoustics speakers driven by a Pioneer SC-27 140WPC amp. For music, this would be fed by a ZP90. In my kitchen / dining area I am planning four 8 inch Noble Fidelity in-ceiling speakers. I...
If I use a DAC with a ZP90 and an auto input sensing power amp, are there DACs which are similarly auto-sensing, so that both the DAC and the power amp turn on and off automatically when the ZP90 turns on / off?
If the SC-27 operates well with a 4 ohm load, why then did they not rate it for 4 ohm? I have read many many good reviews of the SC-27, and I have one that I purchased at a good discount on hold for me at Magnolia for my HT installation next month. Despite the good reviews, it just seems odd that if they made the effort to develop the ICE amplifiers and went through the more advanced THX certification, that they would have rated the amp at 4 ohm if they possibly...
Hi Patrick, Thanks for the offer, but that is about a 2 hr drive from my home, so not sure I can swing it.