or Connect

Posts by lazerfan

It's the episode where Alan starts scamming his relatives with a ponzi scheme. There's a closeup of Bad Alan on Charlie's tv set, when Alan scams Charlie out of more money.
I studied the image some more and played with the tv settings to try to figure out the logo.It may be a Faroudja. The second word which is a single letter, is unreadable.The tv definitely has detachable side speakers. The side speakers are black and you can see the speaker wire dangling behind the tv screen.If memory serves me, in earlier seasons there were a few shots of his tv, and I do think it's the same tv, so likely it's from the early 2000's.
That's a good idea Randy, but unfortunately, I'm in a technological backwater here. Low speed dialup, and an old, crappy camera.I was kind of hoping that 2 and a Half Men would be a show that would appeal to the mainly male complexion of this group and that someone here might be acquainted with the tv set.I did notice that even though I couldn't read the logo, the logo seemed to be comprised of 2 words, with the second word being a single letter...I couldn't come up with...
This may seem like a weird question, but does anyone have any idea of the make and model of the tv set that is in Charlie Harper's living room? I just got finished watching my box set of 2 and a Half Men season 8. In one episode, there are a few closeups of Charlie's tv set. It looks like a nice set with side speakers. I zoomed the picture but couldn't read the tv set logo. My guess is it's some type of esoteric set as money is no object for good ol' Charlie. I did google...
The warranty won't be valid in Canada. Also, you'll have to pay provincial and Federal taxes at the border when you import the set into Canada.What I would do is watch for sales of the VT50 at several vendors. Stores often have rotating sales on a weekly basis. For example, Gibby's in St.Catharines Ontario changes his prices constantly. It was like playing the stock market when I bought an Elite PRO-101FD monitor from him.
midnight 77- When I first bought my KDL-40EX500, I felt that the picture was overly grainy. To me, it was like the sharpness control was overly hot. I used serialmike's settings and then tweaked those settings with my Spears and Munsil blu-ray. For me, I found that going below 3 on sharpness started to dull the picture and obscure lines. Over 3 really accented any grain or artifacts in the picture. I've had the set for about a year now and either I've just...
Might be your source material. I've been watching zoomed laserdiscs (about 400i) and it's been tolerable on my 40" set. For sure, regular standard dvds played on a blu-ray player look great. Almost as good as regular blu-ray movies. I've only looked at one standard dvd via a portable Sony dvd player (480i), when I auditioned the set, and it looked fine.
The older 32" LCD sets were thicker and had more room for better sounding speakers. If you can find a used Sony XBR1 the sound is fantastic. I had one and I believe it put out 18 watts per channel. Most 32" LCD tv sets now pump out between 8-10 watts per channel. For sure the XBR1 sounds much better than any current 32" Sony that I've come across. lazerfan
I picked up a Toshiba 40E200U a week ago. Got it from Sears at a clearance price. Seems like a very good value for the relatively low price I paid. I changed the resolution of my Sony blu-ray player from 1080p24 to 1080p60. That seemed to reduce some of the motion artifacts I was seeing when I originally was outputting 1080p24 to the set. I also turned off all noise reduction settings which seemed to help too. I'm wondering if others have done this too? It's been so...
I have a 40" EX500. I'm sure the set has artifacts. But I actively concentrate on the material I'm watching and try not to worry about flashlighting or motion blur or motion tearing. I've owned many types of displays over the years from CRT tubes to Pioneer plasmas to LCD tv sets. All have some type of artifact or issue to annoy you. The original entry-level Pioneer Kuro drove me nuts with the pixel cell activity for example. Looked like ants crawling around the...