or Connect

Posts by fjtorres

Sharp has a lot of models that do it. Mine works pretty well. But wouldn't buying a small media-player box (Roku, WD, etc) be a simpler/cheaper solution? Most sets with those capability are the step-up premium models so, if you like the TV you have and it otherwise meets your needs...?
I recently ran into a very bad case of audio lag on a DVR'ed cable program. It wasn't even HD. So, yes, the source material can come with built-in lag issues. Other kinds, too. Remember, these days everything is compressed. Even BD-ROMs. It's not always the hardware's fault.
Great! It'll save me some embarrassment when I show off my 733; I can point out I didn't buy the biggest thing around and there are actually *two* bigger sizes.
I got mine after sports season ended. (I'm still experimenting with settings myself.) Not sure my experience is likely to be of help anyway because I'm not terribly sensitive to LCD frame rates.(Which is probably why Film mode is so anoying to me.) What you need to consider is that while display panels are engineered to a common image display spec, humans aren't. Our persistence of vision threshold and ability to resolve changing images varies from person to...
Can't help there. When it comes to Football, I just say: no. ("There is but one true sport and its name is baseball." ) Try turning all enhancements off and then turn them on one by one. Also: what source are you getting the stuff from? Not all blur is TV-induced motion bur.
FWIW: My experience, so far, is that as long as Film Mode is off, off, off, there are only slight differences between 60, 120L, 120H, and 240 on the 733. Depending on the source material and personal preference, you may find any of the four settings acceptable. Not sure what kind of material or audience film-mode is intended for because even in the showroom the SOE from film mode was cringe-inducing. I'm not particularly sensitive to frame rate issues or normal judder but...
Oh, there is plenty of room for them in the market. A lot of people would rather have a CCFL backlight than an edge-lit LED and the market responds. All edge-lighting buys you is thinness and a higher price. Now, full-array LED or Zone-dimming is a different story, but that's a different demographic. At the low end you are as likely to find good CCFL LCDs as crappy LED LCDs aimed at the unwary. Most of the CCFL models still on the market are in the small-to-mid size range...
No, they're not the same. Quatron is their trademark for the four sub-pixel design (rbg+y). Quad pixel plus is an anti-aliasing technique that tweaks the brightness of the sub-pixels at the edges of objects to reduce the jaggies due to the shape of the pixels. It is mostly useful for text in sub-titles, captioning, crawlers ,etc. Microsoft has been doing that for about a decade to regular LCDs (their trademark is Cleartype) and other types of computer software have been...
Is this verified? The Sharp web site mentions the Quad Pixel Plus feature on the 732 page but not the 733. I'm looking at both the 733 and 732 at essentially the same price right now. The 240hz feature doesn't interest me any more than 3D or the 732's ip control, but the Quad Pixel Plus does. On the other hand, the CNET reviewer thinks the 733 should be good for 1000+ lines of motion resolution vs 600 for the 732. In a trade-off, I'd rather have the anti-aliasing, but if...
What's inside Kinect: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20...ap;editorPicks Not a webcam by any stretch of the imagination. Here's the full teardown: http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Micro...eardown/4066/1