or Connect

Posts by hotsko

Hi All, I understand that the 2310-CI does not provide the full compliment of pre-outs (7.1) like its predecessor, but it does seem to have 3 - 1 sub + 2 labeled Zone2 L & R. My questions are.. Can these pre-outs be used in the least to get the same signal going to L+R front speakers be reassigned and, in that way, at least one could use a separate power amp for the 2 main speakers, letting the Denon drive the others? and If so, can the 2310 amps be further...
JD, Did you actually apply the Samsung/LG bitstream fix to your 2310CI and can you confirm that it corrected the problem? Thanks Harry
Did you ever find the root cause of this problem. I have it too, with my Denon 1910 and my LG BD-390. When I watch ICE AGE 3 (DTS-MA 7.1), if I put the BD-390 into HDMI passthrough, the blue light (and DTS-MA indicator) comes on the Denon, but no audio at all. If I set the BD-390 to PCM Multi Channel, I get STEREO (2 ch only) through the Denon. I have similar experiences passing Dolby True Audio from the BD-390 to the Denon 1910 using bitstream HDMI. Yes, I tried...
Did you ever find the root cause of this problem. I have it too, with my Denon 1910 and my LG BD-390. When I watch ICE AGE 3 (DTS-MA 7.1), if I put the BD-390 into HDMI passthrough, the blue light (and DTS-MA indicator) comes on the Denon, but no audio at all. If I set the BD-390 to PCM Multi Channel, I get STEREO (2 ch only) through the Denon. I have similar experiences passing Dolby True Audio from the BD-390 to the Denon 1910 using bitstream HDMI. Yes, I tried...
Dozens, What process did you go though to contact Sony in order to return the unit for repair? Did you get an RMA? Did you talk to a particular group or person to explain the 161 error and was he/she familiar with it? I have several of these units and would like to send them all in to Sony before its too late. Can you tell me where to start and specifically with whom (if you actually have a name, telephone number or department??) Thanks in advance... Hotsko
FWIW, I have the 1.2.13 firmware and i am still getting the 161 cable card coma syndrome. I do not believe that this firmware was the fix for the cable card issue either. I can only assume that there is another "fix" that the Sony repair dept does to solve this problem. As for dropped recordings, I have noticed that sometimes when I have a recording set as weekly or regular, after a week or so, if I look into the scheduled recordings section, I see the show name but...
Jjamezz, Do you need some sort of tool to remove the reverse star tamper screws on the SA8300HD and, if so, where do you get one?
Galen, Can you tell me what brand and where you got your external case (make and model) and sata/esata cable? My drive is very similar to yours so I dont think thats it. I want to give it one more shot with the exact same cable and enclosure as you have. Thanks, Harold
Well, you might have to wait a bit longer. I got home and first installed my new seagate 500 SataII in an external case with an eSata cable. I rebooted several times and the Passport 8300HD WITH Firewire (1 month old) running 1.8.112 never saw the drive. Then, I replaced this drive with an 80Gb external SATA with a SATA 1 to eSATA cable, again no luck. STB was rebooted several times. All times the DVR info never mentioned a 2nd drive. DVR AFPS still shows 148.9Gb total...
Galen, Let me know if the situation changes when the external has less capacity than the internal drive. VOD is interesting. If you remove the external drive does VOD go back to normal? Are you in Manhattan?