or Connect

Posts by Warpdrv

Wow dude..... And you can get that baby in HOT PINK !!!! Nice that there are other options out there for 3 channel amps.... Curious as to what the power is at 4ohms on 3 channels...
You'll be thrilled with that amp....The nice thing about it - is later down the road, you can have them add surround channel amp modules if you ever need them, perhaps if you want to upgrade to a full preamp.
Yes....They run very cool.... barely warm at normal listening levels, warm when pushed to the limits...
Buy once, cry once I always say....As Always, nice to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.....
Agreed - well played indeed.... MorikBefore I moved to the Wyred amp for my system, I had a Rotel 1095, 200x5 A/B amp.... It was smooth powerful and sounded pretty darn good. drawback was it was in my console and got very very warm. I had to use fans in there to circulate the hot air out in order to keep it from tripping itself.After moving to the Wyred unit, there were absolutely no heat issues whatsoever - and the SQ to me improved to less veiled, and the midrange...
Nuance will lend you his amps for a month while your playing trial and error.... He's a super nice guy that way.....
I'll defer to Nuances better hearing if that is what he heard, but I honestly didn't feel there was enough difference to really notice, but he's def a more critical listener.The D-Sonic Amp to me is more then adequate for my needs, but if your a super critical listener I would suggest a side by side.To be perfectly honest everyones system setup is different and what they become accustomed to becomes their standard. I don't have the time nor ability to do alot of critical...
Morik, sorry I didn't clarify that statement further.... My Wyred amp is a 7 channel amp 300x5, 4x250 for my large rig.... while the D-Sonic amp is only a 5channel amp 500x3 2x250 with my SoundScapes.... my bedroom is small and I only run 5 channels. They use the same amp modules in both amp, and while Wyred claims they do extensive mods, after a/b ing those amps I, nor others could come to the conclusion they sounded any different. In both my systems I run the...
I'd be aligned to the choice of the XPA-5 for the higher power. For another option - Also take a look at Wyred4Sound & D-Sonic Class D amps - very smooth and powerful... I am running my SoundScape M7's with an older D-Sonic 500w x 3, 250 x 2 - tons of juice & they sound fantastic... http://www.d-sonic.net/products/3-channel-amplifiers/ Might be something your interested in.... Ice amps are great in the bass dept... I have both the Wyred4Sound and D-Sonic Ice amps with...