or Connect

Posts by Warpdrv

FWIW - I own the Sig S8's & accompanying CC and surrounds and while they are great for HT, and are efficient and pretty darn good for music.... with the prices you are looking at I would highly suggest you take a look and if possible get an audition of Salk Soundscape 8's or 12s for 2 channel without a sub. They just don't compare in accuracy and detail to my other rig. The Midrange & Tweeter is far superior then anything I have auditioned in that price range and...
OK well I went and picked up a Nvidia Geforce GT 610 from best buy, pretty much the cheapest HDMI card out there I could get at the store to test. $50The Nvidia chipset and drivers work and have solved my problem. The computer now identifies the 80.3 as the display device rather then an unidentified video display device.For those building HTPC's I'd suggest an Nvidia card, it works flawlessly with the 80.3.
Question for you guys... Anyone running a dedicated PC with XBMC ? ? I'm having issues when switching inputs, from my dish box to my XBMC pc.. I'm thinking its likely my ATI video card outputting HDMI, the XBMC will not stay as an active window and the ATI will revert to the windows pc native resolution, leaving xbmc as a shrunk window with the desktop showing in the background... Handshaking issues with that particular card ?!?!?! Thinking is the ATI card and...
Gotcha Thanks Mike. Sent by "TheNexus" from the future on SkyNet
Seems silly one can't access pm's through the app Sent by "TheNexus" from the future on SkyNet
I needed some 25' cables to run to the basement for my 6 pro amps for all my subs.I bought GLS Audio cables off of ebay and they are dead quiet, shielded, locking and multicolored for ease of identification....They came highly recommended by a audio mixer friend of mine who beats them up on a daily/weekly basis...http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=gls+xlr+cable&_sacat=0&_odkw=xlr+cable+25%27&_osacat=0I also bought a short set for my secondary rig.... great flexible...
Yeah that was way back in 2008, when dennis was first starting and since then that changed....Either way, they are both great amps with basically the same guts. And owning both I can easily state they sound and perform pretty much identically....
Technically this is incorrect.... Dennis from D-Sonic started a company and worked along side as well as directly for Wyred4Sound, but then went off on his own....I believe D-Sonic is now located in TX, Wyred4Sound is in California.... Separate companies that use the same B&O modules in their amps though....I got my Wyred4Sound unit used for a steal of a price - and the D-Sonic new.... they are both fantastic units....I would highly suggest either, and D-Sonic for...
In all honesty - If I was looking for a new amp right now, and I could swing it pricewise - I'd be buying that new Emotiva XPR-5 That is a nice looking unit in price and power output
I am running the Wyred4Sound and D-Sonic Class D amps.... They are dead silent when idle, cool running and pump out really good clean sound with gobs of power... Powering both my Paradigm Sig .v3 and Salk SS's http://www.wyred4sound.com/webapps/p/74030/117839/332927 Not Cheap though...