or Connect

Posts by Warpdrv

More then an adequate suggestion.... copper wire is copper wire, there is no magic in any of it IMO.... Get over to Home Depot and buy that 12ga wire as suggested... Then after you've spent some time with it, order up some fancy ones and tell us all how much difference you can hear between the 2.
You got the amp, hook it up and power up those babies proper !! It'll give ya something to do while you wait for them to show...
There is something about these that I just love.... Frans's SS Trilogy in Silver Gray Tiger Maple - though Jim has them labeled in the picture info as Siver Smokey Maple.... either way - they are spectacular... Built To Match his SS12's TJHUB also has something similar which was the first time I saw such a finish - I labeled them Shark Skin... and threw me for Oh so COOL !!! Can't find any side views of his speaks though...
Not too difficult, but can be time consuming.... Once you get it, you never really need to mess with it again unless you make changes to your system. The crossovers are built into the Pre-amp or Receiver, you just select one onscreen with your remote. Measuring your system and changing the xover point on the Pre-amp or receiver... experimenting with different settings where the speakers crossover to the sub - generally -60hz, 70, 80, 90, 100, 120hz...?!!? Think of it...
BTW, those are some beauties guf.... Congrats !! Looky what he got there boys....
Welcome - you made a big mistake sir..... Send them back for some Klipschs from best buy..... OK J/K.... Congrats, and you are a very very lucky person to have come into this forum arena and learned about really good affordable high end audio without running through many many different brands of speakers like the rest of us OLD COOTS !!!! Run the Integra for a while and see how they do sir.... I'll bet you'll be pleasantly surprised and how great they...
Yes Jim, with more headroom for the PR units, but the tuning with the Passive Radiators will likely be quite a bit higher and the low end less effected/enhanced by room gain as the sealed units. The sealed single 15" rolls off naturally with a -3db at 14hz from the graphs, and the 15" Passive Radiator will likely have to be tuned closer to 18hz with a very steep roll off, rather then the nice gentle sloping down of a sealed sub... But it will certainly get much louder but...
Now those would be beasts of subs to have...Pretty sure you'd be the first to get a 15" with Dual PR's... I have not seen them done by Jim, so I'd imagine there will be some design work to be doneOnly seen them in the DIY area... I would email Jim directly on that, and please report back with what it would cost...
Which "GEAR" are you looking at in particular...??? Amps, pre-amps, both.... Hows about you narrow it down to what it is your after, as your topic is extremely broad in nature, so's we can better help you sir...
I beg to differ - my setup shown above with the M7's and my 18" LMS sub was easy to setup, and is in fact seemlessly blended with my mains... Plus with subs you get the benefits of choosing the best placement in room for bass, rather then being limited to the placement of your full standing speakers. Obviously this is all room dependent...... When you have a CR@PPY room for bass, you will find that people who have integrated external subs got much better low end...