or Connect

Posts by Warpdrv

I agree with checking out the SoundScapes though I have sealed M7 version with a 18" LMS sub. They are amongst the best speakers I have heard. Perfect midrange and tweeters. The RAAL tweet & Accuton mid are the perfect combination. They are fantastic on all material... I also have the Paradigm Sig S8's as well.... These are also excellent, though they shine better on some material then other and can handle much more power and have more output then the Salks even when...
Interesting extraction of thought process.... Original Sierra 1's with the dome tweeter as opposed to the Ribbons on the new Ascend tower vs the Paradigm Sigs ? I was present at most of the GTG's owning Paradigm Studios, Sigs with Be tweeter and without and Salks SS now.... I would def give the thumbs up for the new ascends for all duties with the NEW crossover that is... But they are certainly different then the towers and sig s8's mentioned with them being a...
Big SurpriseThey are completely separate software and hardware kits... The software is encoded to recognize the product that it was made for, so you cannot exchange the two.... The PBK software will recognize the serialized mic the comes with the kit and upload the correction files to the sub itself.... On a separate note.... Friends that DIY don't let friend spend this kind of money on subs.... Help a brotha out... Help him BUILD a nice pair of LMS's or a dual...
Yeah no eq needed for subs with xt32, unless you have sealed DIY Subs that need some low end boost.
There is another way to go about this..... You could get a MiniDSP http://www.minidsp.com/onlinestore/b...n-a-box?sef=hc Which is an EQ in a box, setup is via computer.... Though you would have to have a measuring system in place, which can be done for about $125.00 give or take, for equipment, but you would have to learn to use REW, which is a free download. http://www.hometheatershack.com/roomeq/ The MiniDSP would give you the ability to EQ 2 separate subs for your...
Haha welcome to my world!!!
Correction - it lowers peaks and yes its PAradigm products only.There is a used sms-1 for sale on audioholics.BTW audysseyxt32 is a very nice upgrade from anthems arc imo
10 years ago, I used to live in an apt, that butted up against the freeway.... Installed my ht system and was enjoying the first listening session, when all of a sudden ---- my speakers maxed out with the sound of ---- wait for it.... Truck drivers on their CB's.... clear as day at 100db's.... Scared the *#$& outta me... My speaker wires were picking up the CB's like an antenna, with their gains... I ended up running the speaker wires through some 1/2" conduit...
Can you pull the driver and put some shielding around it. There was a reason there used to be shielded speakers back when CRT TV's were the norm. Perhaps worth giving it a try.
Thank you Craig. Agreed.