or Connect

Posts by Warpdrv

Also be aware that klipsch horn tweets can be harsh if underpowered. They can handle boatloads of power which most if not all receivers fall shy of. Regardless of how efficient the speakers as a whole may be.
Ya know, its funny - Nuance and I were talking about the very same thing on the SS8's with open back.... Floor standing M7's We are both mixers of Stereo and HT, so external subs are a must for us, which is easier to taylor bass response if you have a hazardous room - A nice SS tower with 2-3 x 8" drivers, open back and no PR would be awesome in my book... I think this is something that has potential for those that aren't 2 channel only...
Yes, that is correct.... I bought them second hand.... for a super sweet price.... I couldn't pass them up.... but I had the CC made to order from Jim - perfectly matches the finish on the SS M7's I have... it was worth it..
Don't forget to keep an eye over here http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...dio-equipment/And herehttp://forums.audioholics.com/forums...ell-your-gear/For good deals on used gear... I find it difficult to pay retail on anything in this hobby if I don't absolutely have to.... Good things come to those who wait... Works for me pretty much everytime...
Actually Rick set the date, which was going to have to be after AKfest in Michigan, and it fit right into the slot of "lets have a party" for me
Ha you guys bailed early LOL. Im off on Tuesday!!
The Catalysts are great, no question - obviously with trade offs - as with my own speakers... Well that was a huge choice of mine, I see so many people that build out this full dedicated HT room and its awesome for a while, then it becomes a destination that one has to commit to going to... and becomes less and less used... I'll be honest - I find myself spending more time in my bedroom system, after a long day at work I just sit back and relax... I tend to have a...
I did, sorry I forgot to respond.... been busy...Appreciate the heads up.... Still deciding if I really want to make the switch for more efficient speakers such as the Skinny Cats over the Sigs...Things still get plenty loud in there, and sound very clean.... I'd really have to do and A/B with them in my room...
Funny that I had never heard the SoundScapes before purchasing them. I heard Nuances SongTowers, and TJHUB's HT2's on more then one occasion, so I was very familiar with the sonic signature of Salks, with those speakers being more similar then different. With all the discussion of the RAAL tweets being the cats patooty... when TJHUB emailed me that the original owner was bailing on the M7's - I snatched them up for a STEAL.... (props to Terry) I was out of town when...
Glad you could make the journey - all the way from Madison... thats a haul.FWIW.... Selah Audio also has speakers that utilize the same drivers as the SoundScapes for anyone that is interested in his products. Rick seemed to be very knowledgeable about all things audio through discussions and has many different offerings on his site... Not just line arrays