or Connect

Posts by jimp444

dburchet - You are absolutely right. I tested a paradigm center yesterday and it sounded like the treble was turned all the way down. So I returned it and the salesman suggested I look at the Klipsch because they are "brighter". Anyway, the credit card bill just came in for the TV, so I am holding off for a while. BTW - How do you like your new speakers?
Panasonic 50" 8UK - Monitor Receiver = Kenwood VR409 (HTB) Front = Audionics (vintage 70's) Center = Kenwood (HTB) Rear = Bose 201's SW = Kenwood 8" (HTB) I am in process of upgrading. Just did the TV, now I am looking to replace the center channel speaker. I am planning on testing the Klipsch Synergy III C-2. Any comments or suggestions, other than damn that's a suck system, would be appreciated. I spent my big bucks on the TV.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tom Brennan http://www.nutshellhifi.com/index.html Jimp----That's the website of Lynn Olson, the fella that designed the Audionics speakers. He's a real nice guy and if you write him he'll help you out. There's a ton of information on the site too including some of the most sensible information about speaker design I've seen. Tom - Thanks alot. I will be sending him an e-mail shortly. Appreciate the help!
I also think the idea of a vintage thread is a good idea. I have a pair of Audionics speakers from the mid 70's that I still love and use for the front speakers of my home theater. They have a couple of controls in the back, but the instructions are faded out and I don't have an owners manual, so I can't tell what they are for. I have looked on the internet, but can't really find out much about these speakers or owners manual etc. Anybody who knows anything about...
I have been reading these different threads and must admit that I am totally confused. My question is this - I have an 8UK with an HDMI 7 series blade. When I go to the panny setup menu for the HDMI blade (Input 1) it shows "Component / RGB IN - Select". I would have thought that when using the HDMI blade and an HDMI input the setup menu would have shown something like "Digital Input" rather than "Component / RGB IN - Select". I should note that with the Component...
I agree with Caesar1 - get the 50 inch. Its worth the extra dollars particularly if you are 10+ feet away.
I agree with Caesar1 - get the 50 inch. Its worth the extra dollars particularly if you are 10+ feet away.
No phones in theaters works for me. I understand the emergency issue, but too often it is just somebody being rude and talking on the phone during the movie. The only time I didnt care was during the movie Blair Witch Project, which was so bad that the phone conversation was actually better entertainment. I would like to see cell phones banned in cars too.