or Connect

Posts by patterr

Thanks for the comments. Good points. I tried flipping the "Deep" theater (proposal A) which solves the rack location issue, but now has you stepping into the riser area of the theater. The green circle in the middle is the pipe that will be stuffed into the wall north of it in the drawing so I can't have the entry door there. Plus, the surround left speaker is where the door would actually be "best" suited. I also redrew the seating to make them representative of the...
First off, I greatly appreciate anyone reading this and providing feedback. This community is nothing short of sublime. I've tried to be brief and to the point. Captured below are two proposed layouts for the space in the basement that is 15x20x7'4" Tall. The room will be multi-purpose as I wish to have a 2 channel room as well as a 7.2 theater. That being said, all of the 2 channel gear will be on the front stage and the theater gear will be in a rack elsewhere in the...
Alright, round #... well, who knows. It's progress. While I'm having the basement plumbing roughed in for the half bath and the wet bar, I suppose it wouldn't be more than a few hundred more dollars to route that drain pipe to get it out of the theater - clever thought! Thanks again. It'll probably rob me of a few inches on the right side but that's a non issue. The main "I" beam runs down the center of the basement and is where the right wall is. So, I've hidden that...
Alright, so here's the latest and greatest after your feedback. New theater room: 25' 6" deep by 15' wide by 7' tall Perimeter sofit because of HVAC: 42" wide by 10" tall. It's a pretty sizable sofit but I'm driven to do so because of the HVAC ducts running the whole length of the theater on the left (bottom in drawing). So here is a sketch after the feedback thus far. I have the front row about 12' away from the theater and the rear is just under 19' away. Using...
Hello again - What great ideas! I truly love and appreciate the feedback that time that each of you put into the updated drawings. I like the "ëxpand a" layout that evolved. The HVAC ducts along the bottom wall run 42" wide. I can box them in and make that into a soffit around the whole room. In the "expand a" drawing, the soffit is narrower in the front/rear which shouldn't look too out of place, right? The 42"on the left/right are sizable... I don't see a way...
I'm realizing now that a 30 second video would have made this easier for all to ponder. The water line and meter are in the bottom left of the drawing (where I initally) had a small utility "closet" so to speak. I could defeinilty move the AV rack to the left of the U.C. Refrigerator since that space is sort of odd anyways and widen the theater - the only issue is that there would be a giant soffit on the left of the theater (though it would be wider). I was just trying...
Sorry, there is another toilet/shower immediately above where the 1/2 bath is going in the basement - the trap from the one above it is the one that is interfering with me blowing the rear theater wall back in the original sketch. The second theater drawing seems to be sitting better with me but we'll see what the community thinks!
Great feedback - thanks to all! Yeah, I wholly realize that the space is not optimal and I welcome all of your opinions. There is a toilet trap that is in place that prevents me from extending the depth of the theater. I took a stab at modifying the basement drawing and ended up with the drawing below: The theater is wider (not sure by how much but it looks like ~2' or so and maybe 2' deeper. This layout yields just a single row but it will at least be at a better...
Yeah, I probably should have mentioned that - it will be a pull out & swivel rack. There are two return ducts running width wise the whole width of the basement so the ceiling clearance is less beneath those ducts. I stuffed the wet bar, wine storage, and arcade stuff under that area so that it can at least be utilized in a productive manner. We measured the height and a door wouldn't fit height wise under the ducts on the side (bottom theater wall in the drawing).
I'm about to file for the permit to begin construction in my basement and wanted to vet my plan with the community here. Below are two images - one of the entire basement and one with a closeup of the theater that I (crudely) drew. The HVAC ducts running horizontally through the center and bottom (in drawing) of the basement pose a limitation in the overall width of the theater. The ceiling height throughout is around 7' 10". So, the theater measures 15'11" deep by...