or Connect

Posts by daleq

Dan, Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge. I will give the 15-2160 a try. Dale
Thanks for your input. On ReplayTV's IR Code page I see that the 2000 series (my unit) supports the Sony HD-300, so to me, it looks like this should work. I found an excellent O'Reilly article that pretty much mirrors my desires for HDTV (except I'm willing to put up a good outdoor antenna). From this article, it appears the worst thing is that these Sony receivers don't gracefully handle repeated requests for the same channel. I can probably do a similar...
Dan, Thank you for the information. I'll just rotate my antenna to Ch2 this winter when the olympics are on. I'd much rather have snow during coverage of actual events than to watch American ice skaters untie their skates, put on their shoes, walk to the parking lot and drive away... That's the ticket! The ReplayTV (even my old one) does support satellite receivers via an IR blaster. Since you've pointed out some models that include over the air tuners (e.g. Sony...
Hi, I'm considering getting a HD receiver (and antennas) to improve my reception. However, since I _just_ bought a used 2020 RTV :o , I'd like to take the analog out from the HD receiver and make it an input to the RTV. Is it possible to control a HD receiver with IR codes like a satellite or cable box? Thanks, Dale
Dan, Thank you very much for your reply. I'm at 240th St SE and 23rd Ave SE, just north of the King-Sno line. I'm not really that interested in Ch12 and given your description of the difficulties trying to get it, I'll drop that potential headache. When I rotate my antenna North for Ch2, I get a fair picture, but it does contain a significant amount of "snow". My current antenna is whatever was at Lowes eight years ago, but it is about 8' long so it must be good, right? ...
Hi, I'm currently using an OTA antenna with a rotor for standard TV. I'm considering gettting channel cut antenna's for 2 (Canada), 7 (getting ghosting) and heck, while I'm at it, 12 (Bellingham?) and using Join-Tenna's to link in the channel cut antennas. So, two questions; #1 - Can one use 2-3 Join-Tennas with reasonable results? #2 - Is all this going to be obsolete when HDTV becomes the only broadcasting option or will stations switch their HDTV broadcasting...
Thanks for the reply icecow, Quote: Originally Posted by icecow It should blink twice. before anything else (before you start a two week witch hunt): try a bonified set of fresh batteries Thanks for the idea. However, I still don't get the "double blink" after installing new batteries. Quote: Originally Posted by icecow However, the real problem is that the remote 'dumped' the codes. When the batteries are not in the...
Hi, I have a RTV 2020 with the stock remote. The remote works fine for controlling the RTV. Now, I'm following the instructions on P.120 of the manual for "Programming the ReplayTV remote to operate your TV". #1 "With ReplayTV off, turn on your TV" OK #2 "Press the TV button on the ReplayTV remote and release" OK "Press and hold the CODE SET button until the ReplayTV remote's red light blinks twice, then release CODE SET" Well, the light never...
Quote: Originally Posted by YBDBDOO My trick to get one of my 2020s working is to unplug the power, wait no more than 2 seconds, then plug it back in. I need to repeat the process 1-4 times before it starts detecting the video. If I go all the way to a cold start, ie, wait 2 minutes, the trick does not work. YBDBDOO, Thanks for your suggestion. I tried it 6-7 times, but no luck. Oh well, it didn't cost me much.:) Now off to email...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mikeyboy Usually when the internal tuner goes bad. A tuned channel is badly distorted with strange colors, or the picture is pixilated. Then after a short while the "no signal detected" message pops into view. When you switch to the DVD connected to input 1 or 2, the picture comes in beautiful. Thanks Mike. Since I've seen a badly distorted image a handful of times but mostly get "No signal detected" it sounds like I...