or Connect

Posts by Bitgod

So I got one of those Kill-A-Watt power monitors today, I'd been wanting one for various reasons, one of them being to gather some more information than what is listed in the xx71 FAQ on power usage at different backlight levels. So I proceeded to get the wattages for different levels on my 4071, along with power usage on my PS3, Xbox 360, and Toshiba A30. On the TV side, I tested the different power levels using the same scene from Lady in the Water that happened to be...
I had that sort of electronic and plastic warming up smell for the first, oh, maybe 2 days. New TV smell.
Does this TV officially do 5:5 pulldown? I've been trying to confirm that, but searching around, I just find some people that say it does and some that say it doesn't.
Is the PS3 plugged directly into the TV, and is it known good cable? I had a problem when I hooked up my PS3, at 1080p the screen freaked out, other resolutions were fine. Turned out to be the darn HDMI switcher I picked up, going direct from PS3 to TV works fine.
Did you change any of your PS3 settings from their defaults? The PS3 has a crazy amount on control options, mainly due to the BR player I assume, certainly more complicated than the 360
The one weird thing, I'd had the blur and grain turned off already when I started playing on my old TV, the first time I played ME on the 4071, I found the video to be overly dark, I had to go into the display options for the game and change from default to the ...whatever the middle setting one, the 3rd choice. That lightened things up.
I'm wondering if the issues on TNT HD are the stretched SD video vs real HD. As I mentioned in my msg the other day, had no stutter watching a basketball game on TNT HD with low AMP, then later watching X-files, which is a stretched SD video, that had plenty of stutter. Well I watched Shrek on TNT HD last night with the AMP on HIGH and was blown away with how great it looked, and no stutter at all. I wish Shrek 1 was in HD DVD or BD because that's my favorite of the 3...
Regarding the PenTile Displays, reading a few of the articles brings up info along the lines of this blurb on Gizmodo..."The company says it will be shipping software that controls this hardware to manufacturers by the end of this year, and we may see the first PenTile screens in early 2008." So I'd assume these TVs don't have those panels. I guess if the poster had taken his own suggestion and googled "pentile displays"...
Ok, that's weird. I read this and thought "what the heck, I'll turn this on to see if it happens", because stutter is my main worry. I saw some stutter on my first day with the TV on TBS SD, hadn't seen any since....So, just turned it on TNT HD, and I noticed a little stutter watching some X-files here. Now the weird thing is, I had it on TNT HD all night for the Celtics/Sonics game. I didn't have my eye on the game the whole time, but I never saw any stutter while I...