or Connect

Posts by eliocon

SuperCube 2000 :Overview Coming to US & Canadian retailers in March 2011 Little, Low, Loud Huge bass from a .6 cubic foot box! New 650 Watt Class D amplifier Explosive bass response for movies Quick, tight accuracy for full music enjoyment High-gloss lacquer finish complements any d├ęcor Huge Bass, Tiny Box If you want all the high-impact bass excitement of the finest home theater audio systems without taking up a large amount of floorspace, then this is the...
I sent it in for a cleaning because of a nasty dust blob in the lower left quarter of the screen. They couldn't get rid of it so they have to replace the optical block. It's on backorder so I don't know when I'm getting it back. Does anyone know if there's a service plan someone can buy while the projector is still under warranty. I'm only curious cause I've had a few dust blobs with this projector that I was able to get rid of myself but if a dust blob gets so bad that...
Bueller... Bueller...
Thanks so much for your response. I was mainly concerned about the analog audio quality since I also have an older amp I'm not willing to part with. I went ahead and bit the bullet today. Got it for $115.00. Can't wait to play with it tomorrow... Thanks again! And happy Holidays.
UGH!!!! Got a dust blob I just can't get rid of. My projector is ceiling mounted and the blob is in the lower edge of the screen about a quarter of the way from the right corner. I've taken the projector apart a few times to blow it out and, darn it, if I can't get the one blob. Got rid of two others but this one is stubborn. Any ideas guys? Or should I just send it in for a cleaning? I'm still under warranty for one. Thanks everyone. Elio
Has anyone upgraded from the BD55 to the BD85? I have a 55 now and I'm trying to decide if there's a compelling reason, other than the apps, to upgrade. Is the analog audio output any better than the prior model? How about picture quality? Thanks guys.. Elio
Please don't get me wrong. The theatrical cut isn't a horrible transfer at all. It's certainly a cut above any other prior release. It's just that a direct comparison with the extended cut shows the differences in the transfer. The extended cut just appears to have a more thoughtfully supervised transfer. I like both cuts of the film as far as content goes. It's just that the theatrical cut has some issues. If the extended cut didn't exist I'd say it was pretty damn fine...
Finally finished watching both cuts of the film and I must say I was surprised that the theatrical cut doesn't appear to have been shown as much love as the directors cut. First of all The Exorcist was shot using fast (therefore very grainy) film stock. I was a camera assistant in the film industry for many years and I know the difference between digital noise and grain and The Exorcist is GRAINY! I also have no issues with film grain. It's part of the art form and...
Ugh... It was a cleaning accident. Damaged the optical block. I'd cleaned it a bunch of times before but somehow I messed up the optical block...
Hi all, Got my AE4000 yesterday. BH had some in stock. It's replacing my AE2000 which I accidentally killed. After a quick calibration here's my thoughts: Black level: Subtly deeper than the 2000. Black is a bit blacker. The big difference here is in shadow detail. Watched long stretches of Sweeney Todd and Sunshine and picked up details in the shadows I'd never seen before. There's a lushness to it that didn't exist in the 2000. Color: Seems a bit subdued. I'll...