or Connect

Posts by shatbatch

I've been using a "ViewHD Premium 3D HDMI 4x2 Matrix v1.3 for HD 1080P with SPDIF Digital Surround or Hi-Fi Stereo Audio Output" that I purchased from Amazama for about 1 year now. This matrix has treated me well, but there are a few things I don't like about it. The switching time is a bit long and all tv/monitors "refresh" during switching, sometimes that will cause a computer to drop the screen, rearrange a desktop or drop the HDMI Audio Device during playback. Not...
Thanks for the reply. I used the Assassin guide to build an HTPC. It turned out good. Very fast to boot, the windows 7 animation during the boot up screen doesn't have enough time to "complete" Below are the components I used: BM639 Mini Itx Slim Case Crucial 64 GB m4 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s CT064M4SSD2 Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 - BX80637I53570K ASRock H77M-ITX LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX...
Hey guys, I purchased an ATV3 for use as an HTPC a while back and can't wait any longer for a jailbreak. I've been stuck using my TV's DLNA client which is limited in functionality and file formats. Although I have plenty of experience with computer building, I don't have the time these days and would like something retail that just works. I don't want to think about the hardware on this computer... I already have 3 other home builds that suffer from various...
Thanks for the help guys. Forced with too many options and my time ticking, I went with the Polk setup I had previously described, except I purchased the cheaper Polk TSi series rears. I got an Onkyo HT-RC370 for receiver, audyssey/bi-amp fronts/reviews steered me towards this receiver. I haven't set it all up yet, but will write again (with pics) when I have a chance with it all. Sub placement is still up in the air, but I've come to terms with it being visible in the...
Ahh, that's unfortunate. I'm glad I didn't go too much further with the idea, I'm not too attached to it anyways. How do the 'whole home dvr' solutions accomplish this?
I have a DCX3400 DVR box that receives coaxial in, the provider is Comcast. I use an HDMI cable to connect to my TV. I have another TV with a digital tuner in a different room. I live in a newer condo building. I've done some reading and I am under the impression that I may be able to share the signal out of the DVR back over the existing coaxial wiring to a TV in a different room. I want to have whatever is being displayed on the DVR to be pushed over a channel,...
Thanks for the help guys, I have a lot more to research, I'll start early tomorrow morning.
Those NHT speakers look like a good size. Would it make sense for me to purchase a complete set like the NHT Absolute 5.1 set? Or would that be too heavily focused on HT, which wouldn't be used much?
cel4145 - Thanks for the tip on the Black Friday deal. I'll take a look at it.
zieglj01 -The vast majority of surround sound experiences will be just my wife and I, so the main imaging from the couch should be fine. The layout of the room isn't optimal, but the placement of furniture will probably stay as it is. We'll probably add a side table to the room, I might be able to hide it in there. Otherwise in the corner to the right of the TV might have to be sufficient unless you see any other clever placements.