or Connect

Posts by ss9001

I agree with oztech.if you want to get an ext amp, get one with a substantial increase in power capability not one with about the same power. the only advantage the Marantz will give is IF all channels were to be driven to the same power output driven at same time, which is rare in real world - it's a theoretical test measurement.why do you think you need one? what speakers are you using & how big is room? unless you are using hard-to-drive inefficient 4 ohm speakers, you...
for past several years, the top Elite models get announced from May-June-July and available July-Aug-Sept. this year, it could be on the longer end of that time frame due to possible "hyperchange" items (the theme of this year's CEDIA trade show) yes, the top Elites will be replaced by new models.
MSchu18 is right.all you have to do is stare at the OSD on your TV screen when starting a MCACC run and you'll have your answer it says something like 'turning volume to 0.0 dB' so it doesn't matter where you have the volume, it's going to be reset to 0 dB before taking measurements & returned to whatever you had it set at when it's done.as to mic positions, there is no right answer. you can do a single point (that's all I've ever done @ the sweet spot) or follow the...
^^ actually, in the interest of being technically correct, the 3 MCACC calibrations are these: Symmetry - speakers are calibrated & EQ'd as opposing pairs (this is not same as matching the fronts as you stated) All Channels Adjust - speakers are calibrated & EQ'd independently of each other by channel Front Aligned - front speakers are calibrated but NOT EQ'd and the rest of the speakers are EQ'd to "match" the non-EQ'd fronts. hope this helps
^^ yes it does, as long as you aren't in Pure Direct mode, same as using internal amps. the path circuit is all processing comes before the preamp section.
+1all the receiver/prepro companies can drop the reverb-based faux surround modes and it wouldn't break my heart. useless and take up DSP space that could be better utilized for things like advances in room EQ or at least doing it without downsampling
^^ I don't know exactly what you're doing but in all the yrs I've used Pioneer AVR's, I've changed the fronts from Large to Small and back again & never re-ran MCACC. Despite someone's ideas on "workflow", I don't think you have to. Why? because changing from Small to Large & vice versa isn't effecting the EQ, all it does is tell the bass mgmt system how to direct bass below the crossover setting used. with Small, the 125 Hz EQ band is where the EQ starts, with Large the...
Yes, it's easy.You can do it either of these 3 ways:1. go into the Speaker setup menu and set the Fronts to Large.Large allows them to play full range, no matter if it's stereo or 5.1/7.1 multichannel. Of course, you will probably want to set the fronts back to Small when watching movies. But that of course, is up to you OR2. as the above poster says, use Pure Direct mode. the only disadvantage of this is Pure Direct turns off MCACC processing so you will lose the EQ...
^^ it's a strange show for sure. I've been watching it since Ep1 and somehow I let it hook me. not sure how I'd describe it...horror-supernatural-crime thriller-melodrama-slasher kind of show hybrid dePalma-Tarentino?
for both of you -pogytimehave you changed your speaker configuration? you said you used the 5.1 + B speaker configuration. you'll need to change that to the one for 7.1 +B, config C in the speaker setup menu.if you already did that, then carefully read what Pioneer says it will do:you can have simultaneous use of 5.1 in main room + B OR you can have 7.1 in the main room but no B but NOT 7.1 & B at the same time.then you'll need to use the speaker selection button on your...