or Connect

Posts by ss9001

^^ "NEW YORK – March 28, 2014 – Helix, Syfy’s chilling scripted drama, has been renewed for a second season, it was announced today by Bill McGoldrick, EVP, Original Content, Syfy... Said McGoldrick, “Helix has built one of our most loyal and consistent audiences in its first season on Syfy. The incredibly talented writing and producing team have crafted a thriller that consistently delivered suspense, twists and high quality drama....” if this is "incredibly...
I haven't seen anything more online re CE & RW since that April announcement. But if SyFy doesn't do to a Riverworld number on them, they both could be neat! Harken back to the era of Dune & CoD miniseries. Both would be very nice for hard SF fans. I also read both of them many years ago. I kind of remember the ending of Childhood's End but don't recall how it gets there Ringworld is a big classic, too.
hmmcould the XMC-1 be Vista & RMC-1 Win 7?
well, one option is to get the Emo for Dirac & use it as a Frankenprocessor plugged into the mc analogs of a "hyperchanged" AVR. I know 2 people with Frankenprocessor setups of course, you have to have multichannel analog inputs & those are almost extinct Pioneer & Onkyo have dropped them anyway. Denon & Marantz left but I wouldn't want to bet on them keeping around for long.and I was being a little tongue-in-check on Dirac vs everything else based on hearing Trinnov for...
true that but that won't be a 9 ch system whch means for the money it's behind the curve before it leaves the gate. Except for Dirac. that's the only reason to consider it, IMO. and that could easily be worth sacrificing 2 channels for. to some it will be. we won't know until it really ships & is tried out and this prepro isn't being marketed as a budget prepro. if I'm correctly appraising Emotiva's approach, they are marketing it as a SOTA prepro for a "low" price.which...
definitely focus on the main characters but...I'd still like them to show abbreviated versions of how Brienne ends up confronting dead Lady Cat and what happens to Arya. we still haven't seen Jorah being found out & dismissed; maybe that'll be a change from the book. I haven't gotten to Tyrion arriving in Meereen yet in book 5, so can't go further than that but I wouldn't want the show to shortchange Arya's path to bare bones because she has an interesting destiny...
gimped due to level of licensing paid?if that were the case, then possible to update but Emotiva would still have to replace all the guts of the prepro to turn 7 ch into 9/11 ch.
I have an AS-EQ1 but it was already updated. and Audyssey is not the same as Dolby, DTS, THX decoding & processing. it's an equalization system. Even Pioneer put its proprietary MCACC EQ system on a separate DSP chip from the ones containing, Dolby, DTS & THX. CE companies don't normally have to "touch" the decoding because it's standardized code put on it by the chip mfg. comparing a box that does nothing by Audyssey to a multi-DSP AVR/prepro isn't apples & oranges but...
no a MCACC preset is globally applied to all inputs. you can't have Symmetry for one & All Channels Adjust for another, for example. Pioneer AVR's have never worked that way. and Phase Control & Standing Wave Filter are also globally applied. you can have different surround-sound processing formats for each input but not MCACC presets. as far as remembering what audio processing format you picked for inputs, yes it already does this. example: set BD input to Dolby...
Since the surround format decoding is normally embedded code on the DSP chip a company uses, I would think an update to gain IIz/NeoX would have to come from the chip mfg. not a FW update from the CE company. AFAIK, no CE company has added these thru a FW update, although I'm not too familiar with what hi-end prepro mfgs have done (Trinnov, ADA, Datasat, Theta, Classe, etc) I would think that unless the code is already in the chip & all the CE company does is pay the...