or Connect

Posts by ss9001

I'm not parroting. I've seen 3D up close & personal at 2 CEDIA shows with reference, ultra-large Panasonic plasmas. and these were supposedly some of the best, reference quality 3D available: Disney animations, Tron Legacy, sports (football, ski scenes). And to my eyes, it looked no different than the stereoscopic Viewmaster I had as a kid growing up in the 50's, 60's. cardboard cut-outs at varying depth levels. not realistic or even the quality of 3D I've seen at...
One word Depressing Curved + more pixels eye can't see + motion artifact laden, poorer contrast LCD vs. true measurable improvements in visual quality (OLED, increased black level, increased color dynamic range, increased color gamut) I hope these companies are swimming in unsold curved screens at the end of 2014! Maybe then they'll stop screwing around foisting gimmicks like this & 3D on consumers. My guess is that a substantial number of consumers will not buy into...
hey, even I, me!, can watch it and not reach for the remote.it has improved to being watchable for action & uniform busting eye candy if not a coherent story at least it's not total MST3000 material now. it sort of had an epiphany along about the 6-7 ep mark when the writers seemed to shift from just playing games with the viewers to showing the beginnings of a half-way believable plot with some almost plausible characters Helix, I knew BSG and you are not a BSG Missed...
^^ congratulations! glad you're enjoying
^^ I don't know what country you are in but you some natively use 220-230 v / 50-60hz. For example: Pioneer Europe Pioneer UK Pioneer India SC-LX87 = SC-79 in US SC-LX77 = SC-77 in US The only real difference between the LX87 & 79 are: the US version has HDBaseT for 2nd zone HDMI & no analog multichannel inputs the Euro version retains the analog multichannel inputs but doesn't have HDBaseT connection you'd have to check specs on the LX77 & SC-77 but since SC-77...
no problem glad it works for you. just curious, which port worked?
"I thought the Diggle flashback in a quarry in Vancouver, I mean, Afghanistan, was a nice change of pace." agreed. that part was nice touch. got to see Ben again I"fear" for Sarah. the "hard to kill" line could be a bad omen.
just watched this week's ep. fill...ing drone stroke using Deadshot as ground zero when 1 missle takes out whole bldg big plot hole or trying to cover up killing Deadshot. since they can kill Deadshot in the privacy of his cell & get away with it, I vote big, nonsensical plot hole hope next week's is back to normal. maybe this was to give Diggle something to do while Ollie waits for Slade.
There is one quirky possibility that I just thought of & could be part of your answer. the results may depend on the Blu-ray player you have or how you set your Side Surrounds in the speaker setup: did you set your side surrounds to Side or Rear? that could make a difference, especially with DTS Master Audio and the player you have. it's not EZ to explain or understand but some DTS-MA decoders duplicated the side surrounds into the rears so one would have 7.1 all the...
yes, the manual for the SC-68 has the exact same wording for speaker selections. what the speaker selection does depends & how many channels it supports depends on the configuration.and the complete wording is "(maximum 7 channels) and a maximum of 9 channels are output". confused? I know I am what Pioneer means is about the same as the automatically switching statement.I realize it's confusing but your issue is not interpreting that wording, it's what the receiver will...