or Connect

Posts by GoldenEarDrum

Wazzup guys!!! I haven't been here for some time. Both my 71f are still running strong and past the warranty mark so knock on the wood. LOL I don't know if this has been out but in CES 2009 Samsung will be showcasing their newest LED backlit 240Hz machine that is 6.5mm thin. This is the world's slimmest and that is iPod slim. Now all I need is a giant headphones LOL. Anyway I will try my best to be at CES but I have been super busy and this time CES maybe a...
Nah! Samsung will be showcasing the slimmest at 6.5mm ipod thin LED backlit with 240hz. ...
I think you have to put that HDMI port in "PC MODE" to activate the RCA jacks for it. I'm not sure if you have done that already. ...
Well for some reason I once again lost my re-mapped QAM channels. Though this time the signal level is just perfect and isn't low as what happened before. One thing I noticed is that the channel that I was watching (which reverted back to the original allocated QAM) was for some reason in a 4:3 format and not in widescreen. This has happened before when they issued a flood warning on HD QAM. I think the broadcast switched the signal. I was sleeping when this...
I've had this happen on one of my 71f recently due to a low signal from a connection gone bad. Some of the re-mapped qam channels just disappeared and I could not connect to the actual channel even if I punch it in directly. After repairing the connection I rescanned the channels and I lost all re-mapped channels entirely though I am getting it all through the original qam channels. The TV refused to re-map the channels for some reason. I even rescanned it for the third...
Try re-encoding with audio Sampling Rate at 44Khz. Often times DLNA systems are sensitive to audio formats.Also regarding MOV (Quicktime) files, try changing the extension MOV to AVI and see if the TV will play it. It will save you some time and hassle of re-encoding. Just a reminder to try different files with different a/v format to see which ones work. ...
Yes it works but some people report some hardware incompatibility problems. You may also need to tweak some bit to make it integrate flawlessly. Go to www.thegreenbutton.com if you want to learn more about it. ...
Yeah you've been living too long in Bedrock, Barney. Those Hitachis are nice but the biggest drawback is that they are only monitors and not full blown TV (no integrated tuner). More "thin" TVs are soon to come though. ...
Are you talking about unencrypted QAM channels (local HD)? Media Center does not support QAM but a couple fo manufacturers (HDhomerun and AverMedia) has some workaround for it. If you want all the alacart HD channels (the ones you get with the box) with Media Center you'll either have to have a CableCard PC or one that has an HD capture card. ...
Well its true that it's not magic as a crappy broadcast will always be crappy no matter how good the processor is. In fact the line doublers (or nowadays quadruplers) will also multiply those artifacts and make broadcast SD look even worse. On the other hand, good clean materials like those from SD DVDs will benefit a great deal from the upconverters. All sources must be upconverted to the LCD's native resolution (I don't think thast is misleading at all). Once you go...