or Connect

Posts by NightSkyMurals

Yes, it is tough on the neck and back... and I've learned to do things smarter, like lifting correctly, or being careful when bending over, or backwards (when on a ladder). But, sometimes I don't do what I should because I think to myself, "Why get down off of the ladder, move it over a couple of feet... when I can just stretch backwards just a little more, and take care of it?" Well, that's what has had me down for over three weeks now. My fault, though... so I'll just...
Hi lbrown105... I'm not sure that I have envisioned the material that you mentioned, but it sounds interesting and I would love to look into if further. Do you have a link to something similar, or the actual product?If so, would you email it to me at NightSkyMurals@gmail.com so I can look into it?Also, if it's an 8 x 8 piece.. I can paint it here in my shop. But, it looks like I will be in the Chicago area within the next month or so (depending on if my back recovers any...
I've been asked many times about rope lights (365nm) that will possibly work, instead of black, tube lights to charge up the glow paint. And, I've mentioned in the past that I'd found some, that would hopefully work, but that the company wouldn't just sell me a few feet to test them out. Well, I just ordered about 40 feet of it and will put it to the test when it arrives (hopefully by the middle of April). My fingers are crossed. Jeff
Hi Bree...I told you that I would let you know when I had the stencils finally ready to go. Well, I am almost there. I have had a few people to initial test mural on their ceilings, with the stencils... and I couldn't be happier. So, if you still have questions about the ones that I just finished, or any other ones that you've seen... go ahead and email me and I will help you figure out what will be best for you for your room. Even if you don't want one of my stencils... I...
Hi again TWSS... I'm glad the link helped out. If you need a little more info, I'm sure that he'd be happy to help you out. You might, however, ask build question in his thread, instead of through PM's. That way if there are others with the same questions down the road, they'll already be addressed and he won't have to start all over again. Just a suggestion. I'm lucky in this thread that I have painted for some awesome AVS members... and they are always willing to jump...
Twss... I just heard back from Rudy (Azula on AVS) and he said to go ahead and give his username out and I thought I'd post a link to his thread, here on AVS. So... here you go: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1372999/the-brown-family-cinema-for-beginners-thread Good luck with your build! Jeff
Hey BIGmouthinDC... you aren't in Colorado working on a theater there, are you? I was just there last week and Dennis' crew is doing the theater. Incredible what goes into making a theater soundproof and nice. Anyway, I would have said hi if you are there, and I'd known. Maybe someday. Jeff
Hi Twss...Thanks for the really nice comments!I've been to Tennessee a few times, and I believe Alabama... and I fly over and near there all the time. So... it isn't out of the question that I will be out there again soon.OK, I just sent the AVS member (Rudy) that has the theater that I posted in #698 to see if he would mind me getting you that info. I really doubt that he will mind because he is a super nice guy and I'm sure he'd love to help you in any way that he...
Hi Tony. Was that you that left a message on my FaceBook page? I haven't had time to go there yet, but I say a blurb from it in an email.I was just out in the Orlando area and may possibly be out that way again soon. So, if you want to email me... we can see what might work for you.I've had quite a few people from Florida contact me over the years... but I could never get everyone ready at the same time to be able to cover the cost of travel. But it seems that I may have...
Love, love, love this ceiling... and room. You've done some nice work in there. And, the subtle, wispy clouds were really nice.Don't get that projector installed until the last detail is finished... or it will never get done! I've seen it happen before. :-)Jeff