or Connect

Posts by NightSkyMurals

Just did a mural this week and the homeowner told me that he found a place that will be selling LED UV black light strips next month. He is going to get some and test them out on his mural... and then let me know how it goes. I will post the results in here once I her back from him. My fingers are crossed... but they'd have to be fairly powerful to charge up the paint, I would think. I'm reserving judgement until after I see the results.
Hey Auto320... I just logged on to see if anyone had posted any questions for me, before I head out on another two week painting trip around the country, and I saw your post. Wow, thanks for posting the pictures. AND... thanks for sending that coin!!! I got it last week and I have been showing everyone. That's a great one. Thank you!Jeff
I'm not an expert on that type of painting, but my concern would be that rolling, or possibly even spraying would cover most of the tiles, but there would be lots of white areas in the deep crevices and holes that wouldn't get any paint... and it will drive you crazy. I was just out in Virginia Beach, painting a mural, and the customer painted the ceiling black... but it had a rough texture to it, and depending on where you were in the room... there were many, many areas...
I think that I have had a couple people, from AVS, who have written to me (at my email address) with questions... and I just need to apologize to you and let you know that I will be getting to them. I have about 75 emails that I am trying desperately to answer, if the short time that I have each day. My son is trying to help me get caught up, but we are making little progress. Anyway, I just wanted to let any AVS members know that I will get to your questions shortly...
That's the problem with them... they just don't do a thing to energize the paint. BUT, I have seen some UV LED lights that are 365nm that I am trying to get a 3' or 4' sample of... but the company wants me to buy 40 feet of it. So, there is a possibility of some LED lights working, but I need to test, the power and also how far the light throws out into the enter of the ceiling before I want to recommend them. Good question though! Thanks Spaceman for jumping in and...
One thing that I learned from Mario, when I marked up his ceiling (ahem - which is where I discovered this problem)... is to take a dry, soft, descent sized paint brush and lightly feather around and into the marked area. He was able to get the marks to look not nearly as noticeable... and he was very nice about the marks. Needless to say, I learned a valuable lesson about flat paint, and if you have it... it needs to babied.
Ted, at The Soundproofing Company (http://www.soundproofingcompany.com) was very helpful when I built my freestanding office (for me the problem was keeping sound out). You'll get better info from the real experts on this forum, but what worked incredibly well for me was to build double stud walls, filling both with decent insulation (not the most expensive, just thick), then putting OSB plywood as the first layer (against the studs), followed by Green Glue and a layer of...
My two-cents worth on this is only worth about half a cent... but, disregarding all the light-reflecting properties (or lack of them), I dread flat paint because it marks up so easily even with the slightest touch. I've seen so many ceilings with streaks on them from just taking a broom to clean off spider webs. I do understand that there is a brand of flat paint that has some enamel in it, which cuts down on the streaks. Again... my opinion isn't worth much, but that...
I love soffits! We just finished a room for my son and put some around his room too (now the other kids want them). Yours look great. If I didn't have a sloped ceiling I'd put them in my master bdrm. too. Nice job!
I actually LOVE Texas, and do a lot of work out there. It's the Houston, over to Austin, summers that kill me. But, I deal with it... sort of.