or Connect

Posts by NightSkyMurals

RGB LED lights were mentioned earlier. I met with some guys that make and sell LED light a week or so ago and saw some of those RGB lights. These lights that they had could be controlled by a remote control. They will change colors to almost any color you want, plus you can dim them and brighten the lights too. To do that with rope lights... you would need about 20 different ropes (OK, I didn't figure out the exact number.... but I'm just sayin'). I would definitely look...
I would be happy to paint a piece of drywall for you, but it might be easier to send if you just paint some poster paper or an old sheet that is that size and then send it to me. I think that the sheet would work out nicely because it could be stuffed into a priority envelope and there would be no worries about creases. If you want to paint something the color of your ceiling, then I will throw some stars on it for you. As for the amount of glow paint you would need......
The color of the ceiling is called a "Sky Blue" but I forget who he said is the manufacturer. But, it is called "Sky Blue" Here are a couple of pictures that I took of the room in the light a few months ago when I was out near him painting... and he invited my boy and me over to watch a movie in the finished theater. It was very cool. I also interviewed him about the ceiling color, the soffits and the overall experience of the mural during an movie and with the movie...
In case Mark doesn't see this posting and answer... I can tell you the last note that he sent me about the paint. First of all, he'd tried a paint from a company that claims that their paint glows for 48 hours... and found that was not the case. NOw, maybe it will, but you would really have to charge it up good, have it in a room that gets zero light in it... and then you would not be able to leave the room. Your eyes would need to stay used to the dark. Any going out into...
Hi Mario... Thanks for the link to the site. I'm sure that you guys all know more about LED lights than I do, but from what I have seen, there are some great opportunities out there for anyone even halfway creative. That site has a lot of what I saw when I met with the LED guys. But, I saw some other things that blew me away. I tried to get them to speak slowly and with simple words.... but I was still left hanging. I said, pretend that you are explaining this to my...
Mario... 10 inches is better, but let me give this some thought and see if I can offer any suggestions. And, if it is a 12 x 12 room... I think that you should be OK. I'll try to answer more directly tomorrow, if that's OK. Now, here's a quick report on LED's from my visit today with a LED lighting rep and then with some tech guys. First... I had no clue what they were talking about. But, what I was was seriously cool. As for charging the glow paint.... it is possible,...
I do a lot of work in Texas and have done some in Wyoming too. You are right, there is nothing like the view of an incredible night sky from a remote location. Like a couple Navy guys on AVS have mentioned.... being out in the middle of the ocean on a moonless night isn't a bad spot to view that sky either!
Yeah... he was going into all of that wave length stuff on our flight and I felt like a total imbecile sitting there like a deer in the headlights as he talked. That's why I am going into his office today to meet with him and some tech guy so that they can experiment with the lights and my paint... and to try to explain things to me again. I do have a new bottle of pain meds. for when I leave there though. All I am hoping for is for them to say... This light and this light...
This picture was enhanced to bring out the stars that are very hard to photograph.... but she had to put lights around the room (down low) for the light to be able to miss the beams.
Great post. I like the questions... Thanks!Don't get me wrong... Fiber Optics are nice and better than my mural in some instances, for example if there will be a lot of light on in the room... or you don't want to wait for your eyes to adapt to the dark to see the mural. But, for ease of installation and working on ceilings with duct work (where fiber optics can't be installed)... and for realism, I think that the painted murals are hard to beat when done correctly. And,...