or Connect

Posts by NightSkyMurals

Hey!!! Great to hear from you! Moving, eh? You had a great home. Looking forward to seeing the new one. Just get the BBQ ready and I'll make it by there. Email me and let me know when you think you'll be ready. I have some California jobs starting to come together, so will probably be making a couple trips out there over the next 6 months. I'd really like to have one trip before it gets too hot, so I can take my youngest with me and hit Disneyland with her. She's been...
Hey Spaceman... you made me laugh a couple of weeks ago. I was sweating it out in a theater room when the customer came down and told me that he'd mentioned, on AVS, that I was there painting. He then said that you'd written a comment telling him to drop the temperature down for me. I both laughed and mentally high-fived you at the same time! :-) I guess that my low tolerance for temperatures over 65 degrees is very well known these days. Houston was nice last week....
I've been asked multiple times where a person can buy good black lights. I have heard, from customers, that both WildfireFX.com and SlimFluorescents.com were good options... and so I put that information in one of the comments in this thread. Well, let me add a note about that... WildFireFX has seemed to offer great lights, though pretty expensive. But they seem to be powerful and work. SlimFluorescents, on the other hand, are less than half the price of WildFireFX, for...
Spaceman's reply was right on for how the stars react during a movie. Thanks! There was just one comment that I'd like to clarify however. It's copied above.In a theater, where you will usually not stay in the room for longer than a movie or two... and you might even go out into another room where there are bright lights on... if you were to go back into the theater and expect to see stars right away, it just wouldn't happen. Maybe, as was mentioned, the larger stars...
Very cool, thanks. Well, whatever you decide to do, if you decide to go with a ceiling... I will be happy to help you DIY, find someone near you who would hopefully do a nice job for you, or I'd be happy to help you with it. Either way, if you decide to go for a star ceiling (and I think everyone should) :-) ... then I am happy to help in any way that I can, no matter if you want to use me or not. One recommendation is to get suggestions early on in the build for things...
I hope that this is OK with Spaceman, but he posted some pictures of his star ceiling n another thread... and they are so beautiful that I wanted to post them here too. He did a great job of capturing the room and ceiling.
OK... I just paint stars, so these other guys are the ones to listen to about soundproofing (although I did build an office in my backyard with things I've learned on this site, and from good suggestions from other members). But about the open wall... Why can't you just get some thick, theater curtains to put along that wall that you can open and close as needed? It won't soundproof the room, but it will go a long way to making the sound better (My feeble brain...
Uhh oh... What would be wrong with having them sideways? (This is why I paint dots... other stuff makes my head explode). :-) Would it be a fire hazard? I'm hoping that his electrician knows the do's and Don'ts about that stuff.
I don't know if it was in here, or in an email with a customer... but they gave me a great idea for charging their Night Sky Mural that doesn't involve black lights. Normally, I tell people that can lights aren't a good option for charing the paint, because the paint needs to be hit directly with the fluorescent light (365nm). Well, their idea, because of space, was to put can lights in a vertical side wall of a soffit. They are going to put them in at about 2' increments,...
Wow Spaceman... this is the first time I've seen these pictures, and I love them!! You did a nice job getting the shots. Jeff