or Connect

Posts by NightSkyMurals

Hi GWCR... You're right, not a good seal, but it isn't just at the bottom. The contractor couldn't seem to get a few things very straight, and thus a few slight gaps here and there. So, if I were to get the adjustable door jam (which I was thinking about doing), it would only solve the floor problem.... which is why I was thinking about putting thicker trim around the entire door to try and make a better seal. I hear you on too thick weather stripping making it hard to...
As some of you know, I built a stand-alone office in my back yard to work in... and I need it as soundproof as I can get it (not total, but quiet). Well, with the staggered studs and insulation in the walls and roof, I am pretty good around the building... BUT... the door (fiberglass with some kind of solid foam inside - it's an exterior door) has little gaps around it, from a poor installation, and it lets in sound. So, would this work as a fix? I was thinking about...
Hi MJ... Sorry, but I totally thought that I had replied to this post a couple weeks ago. I think that I tried from my iPad... and it possibly went out to space instead. Yes, I did get some information and I've had people order from him with god results so far. I still think, from a gut feeling, that WildfireFX lights may be slightly better (and supposedly you can connect a lot more to each other)... but the lights from Slim Fluorescent are working fine, and at at least...
In my quest for good LED UV lighting that would charge up the glow paint that I use in my murals, I came across a guy who gets his lights, or supplies Duracell with their lights (so they are high-end lights). He mentioned a while ago that he would come up with a price list for my customers who were looking for dimmable LED lights. But, at the time, I was focused on the LED UV rope lights. I just called him and asked him for pricing. But, since there are sooooo many...
Looking great! BTW... for the record, you mentioned my "exterior office build" as inspiration for the soffit idea. Just want to be sure that Xzener get's credit for that. I got inspiration from the soffits in his theater build, for my office soffits. I guess... that's what this forum is for, right? Everyone sharing and stealing ideas? :-)
Just an update on the black lights and the discount. The customer who suggested them is having a problem with a couple lights and I want to see how they handle it with him. So, if I don't add another comment... then they will have handled it to his satisfaction. Jeff
Hey, for those who are trying to black out windows... I just saw this in another post and I think it has potential for those not wanting to board up a window, or spray the window with black paint. Here's the site. http://www.blackoutez.com/ Maybe it'll help someone out. I have some friends who work nights and need to sleep in the day... so this'll be great for them. Jeff
Thanks for posting this. This will be a great product to refer to my clients. Jeff
We just had the same flu bug go through our house too. Hey, wait a dog gone minute.... let's see... you wrote about a week ago (with the flu) and now we're sick here. Hmmmmmm? Hope you guys feel better soon. I'm hiding out in my office as much as I can to not catch it. No time for that!Good luck...Jeff
OK, for now... this is just a suggestion. A customer was looking for an alternative to Wildfire black lights... and was very happy with this company (Just remember that the lights work much better with the covers off of them). The web address is www.slimfluorescent.com which I believe is a subsidiary of Savio Lighting. Now, you can't get the discount from the web site... but you need to call the sales guy himself (because they normally don't do discounts like this). His...