or Connect

Posts by Sneezy

After searching, reading, searching and reading some more I tried the time-honored "warm boot" (reset the factory defaults) and then reprogrammed my settings...no joy. I then got medieval on the box and tried a "hard boot" (yanked the power). Oh happy day, my player loves me again. The search function is wonderous in it Oracle-like abilities. Quirky, at least in my mind...but effective in this case. I strangely find myself a little disappointed that it came back to...
Variation of an old check cashing scam: You cash check (bank happy to do it when you have covering funds deposited) . You keep your "commission" (in this case, your sale price) and forward remainder (the nice Deutsch "woman" hopes). Bank holds check until it clears (YOU hope). Check bounces (Whaaaat???). Bank charges it back to you (plus the "you fell for it" fee... that's salt in the wound, eh?) The nice, albeit atrocious-typist German lady gets to go shopping...
Any idea why a 2910 would suddenly stop recognizing DVD-A discs? It still picks up SACDs as advertised.
NHT gurus... I've ran across a good deal on some T5s that would save me a fair amount of coin over the original plan of using 3 L5's across the front (when I factor in the U1 that I will no longer need). However, I have some reservations about the placement in my smallish room. So, if you please: Room is 12'W x 15'L x 8'H. Seating is 9.5' back. PDP is on the 12' wall. L5s will be used for surrounds. Will I be better served by using a LCR arangement of: T5 L5...
Well, it appears I have 7 new holes to cut and 7 old ones to patch. The surround and back channel wires are within a foot of the ceiling. As far as doing both the room and the vacation...my accountant would have my nuts in a vice. I suspect she would vote for the vacation if I gave her the choice, though. The PDP location is a variable, so long as the top of it is at least 54" from the floor. That is where the component video and 120 VAC outlet is located. I am...
This question was sparked by the other hot thread du jour, but I thought it would be better placed here due to the plethora of NHT fans. It appears I have cut my speaker wire holes too wide for proper FL placement of my L5s. I read that they should be no more than six feet apart and I placed them at 8'. No worries, I am early in the process and can correct that issue. It has got me thinking that I may have some other mistakes that need correcting as well, however. So,...