or Connect

Posts by Bob Fosse

Hi Charles,Once again, thank you for the your detailed explanation above. Since I do frequent that other forum and had just bought a new Ayre product, I'm sure that you can understand my concern.Right, what methods did that gentleman on the other thread use to measure the DC offset? Sometimes there is too much information on the internet that might not be true, but taken as such or of significant consequence, that is why I asked you about it here.I like Ayre's...
Hi Charles,I really appreciate your most helpful reply.By coincidence, and not long after I ordered the VX-5 from my dealer, I found the following information on a thread which includes the issue of the DC offset on a VX-5 which was measured, and I quote, "about 40mV for both channels. After running it for 3 hours, the left channel DC had dropped to 19mV, but the right channel rises to 140mV, when acceptable value is less than - 50mV."I will link you to the thread. In...
Hi Charles,I just bought an Ayre VX-5 from my local authorized Ayre dealer which I haven't even received yet. The order was placed by my dealer earlier this week.On another forum, and after buying my VX-5, I just read about the DC offset problems with another potential customer who actually measured the DC offset of his demo VX-5 amp and reported it to your company. He spoke with Michael at your company about the issue. I am very disturbed after reading about this...
Thanks Bob. Your help is most appreciated. My 103 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I might have more questions once I get it set up and running. From what I've read here I am not sure that it is going to be better than my 83.Bob
Thank you Bill and Sidetracked for your most helpful replies.I know that the only way to know how the 103 compares to my 83 on both BD and DVD is to compare them side by side with both DVD and BD material and also try both HDMI 1& 2 once I get the 103.I sort of hastily ordered the 103 for the purpose of bringing the 83 to our vacation home before I checked here on AVS. If the 83 does turn out to look significantly better to me on DVD, I will keep it in my main Home...
I just ordered the 103 to replace my 83 and bring down the 83 to our vacation home. I read the reivews and I came to the conclusion that the 103 would be at least as good as my 83 with DVDs. I did not check the 103 owner's thread or see your post before ordering. Since DVD PQ is still important to me I am now wondering if I should cancel my order for the 103 before it ships? I am not into streaming video and have a dedicated 2 Chanel system for music so the 83 serves...
Well, yes you are correct. I only speak from my own experience. I've used a total of 3 calibrators, and Jeff (UMR) is by far the best of those that I've used and he had to clean up the mess that one supposedly "top calibrator" made on to a previous RPTV of mine.
+1 for Jeff. He did my 151 Kuro and entire HT sound system. He is the best in my opinion and tops in my book. Look no further.
I am a bit late posting regarding poor reception here in the North Bay, but we had problems with severe pixillation with a new show "Revolution" which was broadcast on HD KNTV 11.1 last Monday at 10PM. Since I TiVo'ed it and did not watch anything else that night on KNTV, I do not know if it was a problem on KNTV's end or mine. Usually when we have pixillation problems we also have short dropouts in sound too but not then.Regarding Fox 2.1, we rarely have any problems.Do...