or Connect

Posts by SPDICKEY

Read the FAQ in message one of this board
Smit: TWC Will Go All-Digital "We intend to go in at a fairly quick rate" and go all-digital, boost broadband speeds and roll out new services without many delays. "I would like to see a lot of the initiatives rolling out in the first year," he said... http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/comcast-cable-head-house-cards-687065
Actually its not based on replacing every DOCSIS 3.0 8x4 modem with a 16X4 modem. Customers are currently getting these speeds with DOCSIS 3.0, 8x4. So just a reboot to get the new speed tables will suffice. Those with DOCSIS 2.0 modems will need to upgrade.
No mention of pricing. Here is the complete announcement as published in the LA Times...
No, its the encrypted QAM thing that's preventing your receiver from receiving these channels. You'll need at least a DTA to get them.
From Twitter
The real giant waste of bandwidth are the analog channels TWC is still putting out. QAM (encrypted or not) can push far more stations in the same amount of bandwidth for just one analog channel. Downside are all the old analog only "cable ready" TV sets still out there without set-top boxes. That's why TWC is slowly moving little watched analogs over to digital only. Some day that conversation will be 100% digital.Charter is in the midst of its analog to digital transition...
Not a big sports fan here. So I am not excited about having to pay for still another sports channel on basic cable I won't be watching.
http://www.avsforum.com/products/onkyo-tx-nr609-7-2-channel-network-thx-certified-a-v-receiver/reviews/4474 Onkyo TX-NR609 4.5 star review. spdickey
The recently digitized over the air channels are:Channels KTBN-TBN (Ch. 17). KSCHND (Ch. 18). KXlA-IND {Ch.19}. KVMD-IND (Ch. 23). KJlA-lATV {Ch. 28}.KDOC-IND {Ch. 29}. KPXN-ION {Ch. 3D}. KILM-FilmOn (Ch. 32) which require digital cable ready equipment accordingto TWC's official announcement. Count on TWC to mislead people into additional equipment they may not want.Just did another scan when even the remaining analog stations started coming in fuzzy like a low signal...