or Connect

Posts by ironhead1230

Wow, this thread is moving fast. Reserved for speaker impressions.
+1The FV15HP may have higher max output than the sealed rythmiks, but its only relevant if it is needed.I posted these in another thread, but IMO are relevant to this discussion. These are speclab captures taken of a single E15 and a single FV15HP in the same room at similar levels. Anyone care to guess which is sub A and does anyone think one sub offers significantly more output or extension than the other? (in this room and at these levels)unknown songsub Asub BBass I...
Send me your mic cal file and I will convert it to a spec lab filter and instructions to load it into speclab.
Yeah these were taken last year at this GTG.http://www.avsforum.com/t/1434901/northeast-october-20th-gtg-results-threadWe did try to level match but did not EQ so the FR of each sub are quite different. I forgot how different they were so that definitely has to be taken into account when looking at the speclab captures. However the submersives, FV15hp and E15 are pretty similar between 15hz and...
Another scene from TIH. I messed up the timing on some these so its a bit more difficult to compare. Again the Caps, LMS, FV and submersives were at a higher level, but it looks like the Dayton was also higher this time. Dayton Titanic 15 PSA XS15 Rythmik E15 - for comparison start about half way down the capture Rythmik FV15HP JTR Captivators DIY LMS18s Seaton Submersives
Now for a movie clip. Don't remember what scene this is, but it is from The Incredible Hulk. I believe the FV15hp, Caps, LMS and submersives were at a higher level. But again the E15 has more output below 15hz than the FV15. Dayton Titanic 15 PSA XS15 Rythmik E15 Rythmik FV15HP JTR Captivators DIY LMS18s N/A Seaton Submersives I have posted these previously, but we also performed a back to back test of the submersives with and without a 16hz hpf.
Not sure what clip this is. I named them "240 track 6" but couldn't match it to the playlist. It might be Ratatat track 6, but just not sure. It doesn't have a lot below 20hz, but I thought it was a good comparison for the 20-30hz content. I thought these would all be at the same level, but the XS15 seems higher. Also not sure if the differences above 80hz are because of the subs' rolloff, different speaker levels or distortion. Like the other captures I posted, the...
Sorry I haven't responded earlier. Been real busy with work, hosted a 80s nostalgia fest last weekend where I found some surprising moments of bass in The Goonies, and have been visiting a friend that was in a bad car accident.This thread is moving fast, but I'm a bit surprised there wasn't more discussion of my first couple captures.I thought I had lost all of the captures. I transferred them from my laptop to a USB flash drive so I could look at them on my desktop PC, ...
5hz - 100hz sweep FV15HP E15 PSA XS15 LMS Ultra x2 JTR Cap x 2 Don't have captures of the submersives.
This thread has been moving quick, but since the point of this thread is all about ULF performance, here are a few speclab captures of clips with content 20hz and below, from the northeast sub GTG last year as promised. More will be posted in the GTG thread soon. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1434901/northeast-october-20th-gtg-results-thread A quick summary, we attempted to level match the subs, they were run 8db hot and the MV for the clips started at -15db. So the subs...