or Connect

Posts by Samfield

I think Knack is a cool plat former and a nice alternative to a steady diet of FPS. Anybody looking for a more family friendly title should give Knack a spin. PSN is sure to have a demo available at some point. I do think a plat former like this would benefit from a value price point, say $49.99 versus the full retail of a high end FPS like KZ.
My unit seems to be fully functional...upgraded the FW to 1.5 via USB. Still waiting on delivery of my Amazon games although Resogun is pretty cool. Downloading Contrast now. UI seems to be much quicker than PS3...could be just my perception though. I certainly sympathize with those that received DOA units as I had gone through two RROD 360 consoles. The form factor of the PS4 is generally very cutting edge in person, although I needed Google Earth to locate the darn...
I am currently using my iPad as the Sonos controller, but want to migrate that function away from the iPad and onto a dedicated and relatively cheap 7" Android tablet. Anybody have any recommendations or a suitable Android tablet? I was thinking of a 4.1 Jellybean minimum with HD screen resolution. Again, this tablet would be strictly for Sonos use. The new Dell Venue 7 at $149.00 looks like a reasonable option, but I would like to get under $100.00, if possible. Thanks.
One option is the Powerbridge system which utilizes Romex through the plenum, or wall cavity. Generally this is code complaint but a check with your local building official is strongly recommended. Powerbridge just requires some rudimentary DIY skills. Worth looking into if you can't hire a licensed electrician. If you are not comfortable, by all means hire a pro, or HT installer. Here's some info on Powerbridge, anyway: ...
The HDMI board on my 809 just crapped out and I didn't even think twice about replacing it with a Denon X4000. I honestly enjoyed the 809 but a total component failure like that on a unit less than 3 years old is just not acceptable, to me. I work too damn hard for my money!
Ditching the 809 was probably somewhat of a knee jerk reaction on my part, to be fair. I was on a "staycation" this week and was looking forward to a playing an assorted back log of SACDs, blu-rays and some Audio Fidelity Gold CDs. Had a refrigerator full of cold beer waiting and then the 809 went FUBAR. Needless to say, I was frustrated. Of course, I'm also not going to complain about stepping-up to the XT32 processing in the Denon...
After major failures this past week with my 809 (no audio, sometimes no video and resets that made no improvement) I'm throwing in the towel with Onkyo. Because of the sound quality coupled with the value engineering I was an Onkyo fan and recurring customer. Virtual total failure of the receiver is just not acceptable to me. About the only functionality I have currently is that my turntable works through the 809.. I just received a Denon X4000 from Amazon and am hoping...
W1500 is now appearing on Visual Apex web site with a May intro date: http://www.visualapex.com/BenQ/Projector-Specifications.asp?For-The=W1500
Thanks, kraine. Always appreciate your advance notice and reviews before this gear hits the States. Personally I'm hoping that the W1500 gives me that last bit of installation flexibility for my theater versus the W1070. The photos alone appear to show that the 1500 is more of a substantial build versus the 1070. Also looks like the vertical lens shift is a bit more ergonomic than the slotted 1070 adjustment screw. Hoping the zoom and focus controls function more...
I wanted to bump this thread and inquire if there was any new information concerning the W1500?