or Connect

Posts by eqpablon

Thanks to everyone for their insight! Eric H- I will have to keep an eye on the forum for that bookshelf design, please post it here when you all have it finalized. As far as pre-built designs go, I was leaning towards the Fusion Alchemy's; but those have been shot down by my beautiful wife. Arny/LTD02- I am in way over my head; but I love to tinker Your test equipment suggestions along with LTD02 suggestion of the Loudspeaker Cookbook are good both ideas Mobeer4don-...
Firstly, I have spent many hours reading this forum and I have learned much as a result. I am very new to this and I would like a sanity check on the following design. I am trying to design a L/C/R (placed vertically) for HT use using the following: .3 ft3 bookshelf enclosure tuned to 70 Hz (2" diameter ~4.25" length) 5-1/4" Tang Band mid- I like this speaker due to it's perceived value and its frequency response. I believe it will allow me to cross the tweeter at a...
I'm not saying it can't work. I am saying 1.4a doesn't support it. Please hook up your pj to your PC via HDMI and take a screenshot of windows allowing you to set the refresh rate at 120 Hz. I imagine you might have to make a custom EDID to get 120 Hz as a refresh option with that pj.If it works ill be tickled. I am a decent FPS PC gamer (final 16 in qcon duels last qcon). The only reason I don't game on a pj at home is because you currently can't get pj's to refresh...
HDMI 1.4a as a standard doesn't support 1080P at 120Hz regardless go the cable you are using. The HDMI 1.4b standards released late last year will support that refresh rate; however I haven't seen any gear with HDMI 1.4b outputs yet. Additionally there are only a handful of true 120 Hz displays out there, and most of them are computer monitors. To get 1080P @ 120 Hz on a computer is to use a display port cable or a dual link dvi; HDMI won't give 120 Hz on a PCM either.
1080P @ 120 Hz. Exceeds the bandwidth limits of hdmi cables. The limit is 5.4 GB/s iirc. Dual link DVI and Display Port cables on PC have the bandwidth to do 1080P @ 120 Hz, assuming u have a display capable of refreshing at 120 Hz.