or Connect

Posts by tmalke

I am currently purchasing and a new HT system and it is being installed in basically a new room added to what was attic space. The company I purchased everything from wants to place the component rack and all equipment through a door in the room which leads to left over attic space. The idea is to have nothing but the speakers and TV be "visible". I guess what they consider a "clean" look. My concern is low and hi temps effecting the equipment in raw attic space. They...
Glad to see this thread. I am currently right in the middle of purchasing my first HT. I have decided on all of the pieces except speakers. The ONLY HT shop (less CC & BB) in my area carries Infinity and Energy. I am currently considering (based on rave reports from my salesman) 2 Energy scenarios: 1) Ref Con. 30 for the left and right front speakers, Ref Con LCR for the center, Ref Con Rc-R or RC-10 for the surrounds, and Ref Con RC-10 sub. - The issue I have...
After many months of agonizing hair pulling decisions to make, I am done...less one. I will be purchasing my first home theater and it will be installed in time for the Super Bowl. However, for the life of me I can not decide on speakers! Receiver is a Pioneer VSX-56TXi. This room will mainly be for movies and sports. Not much music, if any. The size of the room is 14 x 17 with 8' ceilings. However, there are some odd angles in the corners and knee-wall from 6' to...