or Connect

Posts by renethx

Intel NUC DN2820FYKH Bay Trail. Bay Trail-D is even better than Celeron N2820 (Bay Trail-M). (D = desktop, M = mobile)
Intel HD Graphics is perhaps better than HD 6450 because deinterlacing is done in ASIC (unless you encounter the 29/59 Bug).
Celeron G1820 is enough, or A6-6400K if he wants 3D. Add a discrete graphic card only when PQ is unsatisfactory. As far as deinterlacing is concerned, Celeon = Pentium = Core i3/i5/i7.
The case can hold 15 3.5" drives if you add a Hard Drive Cage for RPC-450, RPC-470 This is a 5-in-3 cage that turns consecutive three 5.25" bays in any case to five 3.5" bays.
According to this slide (on March 19, 2014), Intel 9 Series chipsets support desktop Broadwell-K (LGA1150, Q4 2014) too.
The fourth version looks cleaner (and easier to remember). Once downgrading from N32 to N16, GPU load reduces greatly and adding Linear Light is no problem. I thought 27" 2560 x 1440 displays are rarely used in home theater environments. Maybe for bedroom or kitchen home theater? Then PQ would be of secondary priority with a cheap GPU such as Intel HD Graphics?
Thanks for the great suggestions, StinDaWg and madshi. As this is a HTPC forum, people usually play videos in full screen mode so that downscaling occurs only in two places: HD->FHD in Level 4 and 5. ("x" is multiplication, "/" is division, b=BC75AR) Nowadays 1366x768 displays are rare, so I ignore them. I also ignored luma quadrupling (N32 x N16), considering quality improvement / performance of the current crop of GPUs (SD upscaling by quadrupler in 4K display is...
I could refine levels like this and measure rendering time and/or GPU load for each GPU. Moreover chroma upscaling could be J3AR, N16, N32 etc., create another similar table for each. Then I could measure performance of each graphics card and I could give the most comprehensive performance charts. But I don't think that's helpful for most people. This simplified levels table may be enough to help a user to choose a proper graphics card (and it is a lot easier for me to...
This is the last thing you should worry about. Desktop Haswell processor under full load (CPU only) consumes very roughly:25W (2 core / 2 thread)30W (2 core / 4 thread)50W (4 core / 4 thread)60W (4 core / 8 thread)It's relatively easy to cool them down (partly thanks to 22nm process). Moreover TJMax (the maximum junction temperature) of these processors is 105 C degree (safe up to this temperature, beyond that CPU will be automatically throttled down to avoid damage)....