or Connect

Posts by PathofNeo

Forgive me if this has been asked 100 times.. but I recently got a Polk PSW505 sub to complete my surround sound. My receiver is the Onkyo NR616, and I'm using a single premium RCA cable from Monoprice. I have the RCA going from Sub OUT on the receiver to LFE IN on the sub. Is this correct? So far I have the sub switched "ON" with phase and low pass at their default setting on the back which is 0 and 90. The volume is half way, but have tried 3/4. I then enable the...
Forgive me is this was covered.. but is there an additional layer of anti-coating on the F5500? For example the Panny ST/VT60 has a louvre filter which I can't stand and the reason I bought a UT50 last year. I personally feel that Panasonic has been too aggressive lately with their coatings and for instance standing in the room causes the screen to darken. Well it matters to me because I enjoy using Kinect so the picture isn't consistent with the ST/VT models. So this...
Sent a pm.
I guess it's the OCD within me. I've been burned before by the LCD hype and have brought sets home only to see clouding that I just couldn't live with. Granted.. I haven't demoed an LCD in my home in about 3 years so tech could have changed since then but I remained skeptical about sets claiming to have micro dimming of some sort trying to pass it off the consumer as FALD with crafty wording. I'll agree that there's no substitute for having a set in your home under your...
I can tolerate a little grey in the blacks. No set today has really impressed me in a completely dark room including my Kuro as they all 'glow'. I also have a Sony 34XBR960 and I'll have you know that it embarrasses even Pioneer's greatest attempt. We're not even where CRT left off so I'm not concerned in the slightest about the race for the lowest MLL in these LCD/Plasmas. I place screen uniformity of higher importance and if the X900 can deliver on this aspect then...
I don't understand those claiming this is a "Non Issue". The review on flatpanelshd shows clouding on a dark screen. I'm not saying it's excessive or anything like that but wouldn't having a full array set eliminate such problem? I don't know because I haven't seen this set in a dark environment so it's impossible to tell at most brick and mortar.I'm spoiled with my 9.5G Kuro and VT50 so your gonna have to convince me to buy another LCD. With that said.. I used to own...
How do you feel about last year's UT50 series? I have the 42UT50 for PS3/360 and PC gaming and I can barely detect any lag.. even fighters are good and I do well online. I don't know the exact input lag on this model but I assume it's as good or better than the S60. Have you tried one? If not I recommend you do because I also have several others sets (VT50, VT60, ST50, etc) and can't play on those due to lag (even the ST50). I'm really sensitive to it and if I had to...
I'm looking for a gently used Panasonic 42UT50 or this year's 42S60. Their both out of stock and if you have one in excellent condition I will be generous with pay. Send a pm and I'll get back to you. Thanks!
Simple question.. are Dune players capable of cropping videos so I can blow up letterbox (stamp) movies to a full 16:9 screen?
I dunno if it's been brought up yet, but now that this display won the shootout wouldn't it make sense for D-Nice to post settings for it? I understand why he does them for Panasonic models previously (including this year) but the F8500 is an equal rival in the eyes of many now so I'm sure quite a few members here would prefer his settings. I use them on my UT/ST/VT50 and Kuros and their all breathtaking. He also personally calibrated my 9G Kuro and can tell you now if...