or Connect

Posts by beat1

Dynamic volume is well implemented so the compression does not get in the way of home theater experience. In fact, it complements it better than endlessly tweaking my system. I tried it so many ways (and yes, i was initially concerned about the compression, too) and I find dynamic volume works well for me,.
After a year of experimenting with different settings (when my old sony receiver was replaced by a new denon), i just turned on the dynamic volume after the last time i recalibrated thru audessy (it gave me the option to turn it on). It made a huge difference. I set it to "evening" as suggested in the audessy site. Dialogue is really clear and much more robust now! This, of course did not ruin the balance among the other speakers. In fact, dynamic volume, lives up to its...
i started with a modest budget 5 years ago. however, i had a clear path to where i was going. i wanted all klispch. at present, i am happy with my 7.2. all are klipsch speakers except for the two subs. all of them are from craigslist or ebay. for what i had saved by going to craiglslist and ebay, i splurged more for my receiver because i wanted the latest audessy, internet update, apple airplay and more hdmi inputs. also i got a 55 inch tv which i feel completed my system....
I got this from the Audessy site. This question falls into reference versus preference. Please read below. Here is a trick question: “What if I correct the acoustical problems in my room, but I don’t like the resulting sound?” If you find yourself asking this question you have stumbled on the line between Reference and Preference. Let’s look at what room correction aims to do. You start with a good (or not so good) set of speakers, you place them in a room and what you...
For sensitive or highly efficient speakers that max out in audessy, Chris from audessy explains all of this as best as he could in this link. However, there seem to be no easy fix, unfortunately! His solution boils down to one: increase the distance of the speakers from the mlp ( mic) when calibrating-- the result may still not be satisfactory, tho. But it is worth a try! I just recalibrated my system again because my right main speaker is always maxed out at -12 while...
i will go with Audyssey MultiEQ XT. now yamaha has their own brand to compete with the audessy. however, the wealth of knowledge in audessy from the members here and other forums will be helpful when setting your system. thanks.
forget about the wireless speakers! they will not beat the wired speakers if you want the best value for your parents. and i'm talking about years from now. wired speakers are the only option (price-wise and quality-wise) with 5.1 system. when my son came home from his deployment (air force) this summer, he moved out of our house into his own apartment. but before he came home, i already got the 5.1 system from craigslist-- as planned (he could not afford brand new system...
thanks a bunch! i even found this link giving step by step instructions on how to use web control to save and load to web browsers! http://www.manualowl.com/m/Denon/AVR-3312CI/Manual/200426?page=83
hmm, if all else fails, you have a few things in your arsenal--engaging the dynamic volume has the effect of quieting the surrounds and the mains (volume spikes) without ruining the movie's ambiance (and in the procees, making the dialogue stand out) or you may turn up the volume of your center channel. or you may use both at the same time. both can be done thru the avr. thanks.
thanks for the very quick reply! i see. it will be too much to write them down--what with thousands of points and filters applied for room corrections! they must require more expensive chips than the manufacturers are willing to spend. hmm, how to save to pc? i have denon 3312 and a mac. but this is a good start if i can save it to my mac (or pc for others)--tho not very convenient still! this is exciting info! thanks!