or Connect

Posts by maxdog03

Only problem with that method Randy is that he won't get Dolby True HD or DTS HD and it also requires switching the TV and the receiver to match sound with picture. Plus it adds more cables than necessary.
Very simple. You have enough HDMI inputs to run your sources so I would order HDMI (28 ga) cables from monoprice and for simplicity you can color coordinate with different colors for different sources. Run your PS3 and direct tv/ dvr box into your onkyo with HDMI cables and then run another HDMI cable from your HDMI output on the Onkyo to your TV. This way all your sound and video switching is done by the Onkyo and you have as few as cables as possible. You will only need...
Their focus may be on low price but that also allows them to have an upper end set and it seems reasonable to think that the Kuro technology and even newer refinements can make its way into the upper end sets. Pioneer tried to make it on only offering the upper end level which is a niche market and the economy just wouldn't buy into that. With Panasonic able to offer sets across the spectrum it will also allow them to invest into the niche market much like Samsung does...
The majority of us here appreciate your input and unfortuantely in an open forum all sorts of clowns come in here and try and ruin it for others. I've yet to see this guy help anyone.
60" would fit fine but it's your money as to whether that extra 10" is worth the price differential. 50" would work fine at that distance also and still give you a decent size picture. I use a 50" at about 10' and enjoy it a lot.
I would first check the tightness of the coaxial cables coming from the dish (connections at the sat and any splitters) into the house and then from the wall plate to the dish box. Sometimes a slightly loose connection will cause a picture to momentarily freeze and it can happen just on certain stations. If that doesn't correct it you might try replacing the coax cable from the outlet plate to the dish box also. If you have splitters involved sometimes they can be the...
If you're happy with what you have then that's what matters.
So then you should know that factory settings are a poor way of judging any type of picture quality and like TBird pointed out, the flash is seen directly on the plasma screen which will definitely obscure the black levels. You are also the one that brought up CNET in this post and I gave you the results from CNET of the comparison of the two sets you chose to use in your example. I have no problem with opinions but you should at least present the facts accurately.
How funny that you use that picture as proof. Do you know that those were both on their factory default settings and the Panasonic is purposely set dim to meet the energy star compliance and that the Vizio is known to be set from the factory overly bright? During setup we noted that the Panasonic's Cinema preset, as expected, came closest to the ideal dark-room picture settings. Speaking of presets, it's worth noting that, as we saw with last year's Panasonics, Standard...
1) The KRP-500 is the last Pioneer to be made 2) Panasonic had nothing to do with the build of Pioneer sets but Pioneer has sold off their patents to Panasonic that might be used in future sets 3) The 500 consistently gets rated at or near the top and is often the set that is used as a reference for all others to be compared to. The Samsung 8500 series and Sony xbr8 is the closest thing in LCD but is typically rated slightly lower than the Pioneer and at this time are more...