or Connect

Posts by scubie02

garh what setting is it that I need to change to get my 5100 to stop turning itself off whenever I pause it to walk the dog? It then loses it's connection to my Sony 55w900 and I have to turn it off and back on as well in order to continue watching a movie. Have been all through the damned menu and don't see any setting likely to be it. Thanks for any help!
hmm, maybe they have removed the ability to sign up too as Netflix apparently did (I am guessing at Sony's urging from the sound of discussions I had with all of them the other day).When I signed up if you clicked on the Hulu icon four icons came up under that, and I think the second from the left was "learn more". If it no longer comes up like that then they probably purposely removed them. I tried explaining to the Sony rep that even though the promotion ended on the...
I have a pretty good sized livingroom, so if I sit across the room which would be common I am probably a good 15' from the screen. A lot of people would say I should have a bigger set I am sure, but I have always tended to go more for picture quality than size for the money. (I noticed a 70" Vizio was about $100 less than these sets)I am getting closer and even without the disks have settings that look decent for most inputs. I keep tinkering and will see what the...
Sony has to send you the code, which for me at least they would not do, it didn't seem to matter if you purchased your tv before the end of '13 or not, if it didn't show in your apps no go. For Hulu it still worked as of a day or two ago--push the "SEN" button (I am recalling it as blue? I'm not at home), then click the Hulu icon, and under "learn more" you can get the code, then I had to call Hulu with the code to get it activated. The Neflix icon no longer had a way...
I would guess that I am more of an audio or videophile than many a user, but was giving a review from an Average Joe standpoint, which someone asked for. I am familiar with the look that many "purists" are going for, but I don't go to the extent of blacking out my windows like I'm preparing for the war and don't want a set that appears washed out or soft and, while I still prefer a manual transmission on my sports cars, am way past the point where I want to spend hours...
hmm, true enough, i didn't think about them getting a kickback or something from the streaming services. I'm not using the cinema setting, but I recall it being darker still and washed out seeming, but I can look again. OTOH I was always under the impression that this was a setting intended for basically watching in the dark in a dedicated home theater room or something, maybe it looks good there as opposed to the real world most people watch tv in. Like I said, i do...
when people say the new update affects input lag, are they talking in gaming or in general? I hate the fact that you always have to be hesitant to do an update in case it bricks your set or introduces something unpleasant.
I don't know, I am coming from two sony bravia's I bought a number of years ago before the led models came out, with my main being a 40w4100 I believe the model number was--they had an excellent rep at the time as being one of the best lcd's. I remember when I got it going through the calibration dvd and finding that the resulting settings were virtually identical to the out of the box "standard" setting and how impressed with that I was, as with the Sharp's I had had...
update to my previous post--Netflix was super nice and said no problem, call this sony number and get them to give you the code, and we will be happy to plug it in for you. Based on my previous experience with Sony customer service I will admit I wasn't betting on my success there but kept an open mind and stayed positive for the call to Sony, unfortunately after going through the tedious Sony phone tree and being on forever with the nice gentleman from Pakistan or India...
Bless you sir! =) The hulu one gave me the code under learn more, and I was able to call hulu and they plugged in the free year! Unfortunately when I go under Netflix it just offers me a one month free trial, which I think they do all the time for anyone =(. I may try calling them and see if I get anywhere...