or Connect

Posts by redjr

Don't know about a thread, but I'm strongly considering this one. Don't know what your budget is, but I need a long one for my new media room and this appears to fit the bill nicely. Most of the Amazon reviews are very positive.
Looks like your space is coming together very nicely. Mine's been a long labor of love so far, cause I can't devote 100% of my time to it, nor can I hire out the work. I've had a few Monoprice boxes show up over the past several weeks as well. Rick
I think I'll hang clothes all around my media room.
Know your limitations! We're not all skilled in every craft. At least I'm not. I got a local guy to help with the framing. Best $40/hr I spent. Get a pro to tape and mud the drywall too. It will be money well spent. I'm just about at that stage, but have done it before and was glad I paid someone who knew what they were doing. Put in more electrical box than you think you'll need. I hate extension cords. If you'll be using a big, wide-screen TV, put in a 4' x 2 x...
That's a ridiculously low price(as in give-away) for a very solid and capable CD-transport, much less a HD-DVD and DVD up-scaling player! But there's no denying the format is long dead, never to live again. Rick
Well, while we're reminiscing... I have 2, XA1s, and XA2, and an LG BH200. I bought the 2nd XA1 on sale at an FYE store way back when for $99. Out the door and brand new! By then I had a growing HD-DVD library and thot it wise to have a backup player, but will admit I haven't watched too many HD-DVD over the past couple of years. They will be put back into service once my man-cave is done. I've used the 2nd XA1 as a CD transport for my stereo listening rig. Built...
I don't envy you for having water issues. Dealing with a sump pump can be a real hassle. I've been fortunate to get dry basements with the last 2 homes I've bought. Thankfully. Anyway, it looks like you've got it managed well now, so you can get on with the build-out. Keep the pictures coming. I really need to start my thread, but I have little time as it is. Maintaining a thread takes time. I've got a little more electrical to finish up and some insulation to...
I have 2 earlier Panasonic bluray models (BDT220 and BD80) the latter being their flagship model circa ~ 2008. Both seem to suffer from the inability to track a smudged disc properly. I could take the same disc and play it perfectly on an even older LG player. I haven't used my new 500 yet (waiting for the man-cave to get completed) so can't comment on that, but here's hoping it will do a better job. Is this just me or have others noticed this tracking issue on various...
I've decided to use double drywall if for no other reason but to help quiet the room. I will also be using either Roxul, or some other fluffy pink stuff on all interior walls. Soundproofing is part of my overall strategy, but not the over-riding criteria. My brother built a 2-channel listening room several years ago and I got a chance to see and hear it 2 years ago. He doesn't even have a door on it, and as soon as you enter, you can immediately tell how quiet the room...
Wow. You have a nice large space to use. I too am in the middle of a build and thought I had pretty much of the general design done when I started. Luckily for me, there's been a lot of sweat equity involved because I'm also designing a lot of the details as I go along. You can't do that if a contractor is doing the build. For the first time I'm also trying out the HDMI Extender over CAT6. I bought a kit from Monoprice as well as a lot of other audio and wiring...