or Connect

Posts by stibone

I'm looking at the 60" and have a question for you guys. Wife is insistent on an ultra-slim wall mount. I found one from Monoprice that will mount almost flush. But after I saw the TV in the store yesterday and noticed the speaker housing at the bottom of the screen, I'm not sure this low profile mount will work. Anybody mounted one? Can you recommend a good mount? Will the ultra slim work? Got to keep the wife happy. She's pushing for the Samsung ES7100. But I like this...
Can anybody post pricing for the 60" at Costco in the US? I'm more interested in current pricing, but historical pricing is a good place to start as well. I'm in Canada but close enough to the border and considering a trip down to purchase. The 60" is about $2100 + $300 in taxes at Costco here in Montreal. I saw it on the Best Buy site for about $1360 and roughly the same on Amazon but that was about a week ago. Now both have it listed around $1650. At that price its...
Did you not read the part where I said I just played Craigslist joe with dolby plus and it played fine? And in my original post I also stated I'd watched others on netflix without issue.And MI 3 on netflix most definitely has 5.1 sound. It has dolby plus but the stream appears to be faulty.
Well I tested the same movie on my LG Blu ray players Netflix app and same thing. Dialogue comes out of the left channel and the center channel is playing the left speakers track. The movie is Mission Impossible 3. I'm in canada but using American netflix via unblock-us.com. I also just watched Craigslist Joe on the WDTV box and it had a dolby digital plus soundtrack and it played perfectly. Must be a bad stream. So bizzare.Anybody ever seen anything like this?
Hey all, I'm having an issue with Netflix and my 1712. If this problems been addressed, I apologize but could not find it with a google search. So when watching Netflix streaming movies that have DD+ 5.1 soundtracks, I notice sometimes that the left channel and center channel appear reversed. The dialogue is all coming out of the left speaker, and things like music and other sound effects are coming out of the right. I know everything is wired properly, I've tested just...
Took it back, got a brand new player. We shall see what happens.
Simplink is off on both player and TV (which is also LG). And nothings changed on my setup. That's what's odd. And, as I said, the player will just turn on even when nobody's home and the system is totally off. Or, I'll be listening to music or watching TV, and not using the remote, and the player will just turn on. I can reprogram the Harmony but Im more concerned with something being wrong with the player and then my warranty expires (December 26) and then I'm SoL. I...
Nope, don't think so. I have all my remotes (TV, BluRay, Cable, Receiver) stored a way in a drawer in another room and I just use my Harmony to control the entire system.I called LG and they told me to take it to a repair center. The repair center then directed me back to the store where I purchased the unit and said they will give me a new one. Just wasted almost an hour this morning getting to the repair center and they told me LG sends people there all the time even...
Hey all. I have a BD660 running the latest firmware and am having a weird issue. The unit powers on randomly. It runs fine, playing Blu-Rays, Netflix or media from my NAS. And when the unit is on, it stays on, at least while its in operation. But everytime I shut the unit off, walk away, I'll come back and its powered on. I called LG, and as I'm sure everybody on here knows, they were useless and told me to bring it to a repair center. It's within a year so its still...
Thanks Vamp. I kinda figured as such. It's really not that big a deal, I'll just have to stick to DD and DTS. I'm going to try and convert some of those MKVs although I'm having trouble finding a converter that will keep the audio stream as DTS-HD. But if and when I find one, I'll post results. Thanks again man.