or Connect

Posts by AJinFLA

Ouch!
Only if you're on serious drugs or a studiophile. Hi Richard, I certainly can't promise (and don't) they will sound good to everyone in every room. That is an impossibility. Some folks who like to see that kind of stuff and perhaps desire a much sharper, more "studio pan pot stereo construct precision" spatial presentation/sound, might prefer some form of treatment. I don't because I attend lots of live classical, jazz and other types of non-amplified music and prefer...
So you think my dipole (subwoofers) would be affected/influenced below 100hz similarly by the same room that the shootout was performed in?So you think my cardioid (subwoofers) would be affected/influenced below 100hz similarly by the same room that the shootout was performed in?So you think my linear quadrupole (subwoofers) would be affected/influenced below 100hz similarly by the same room that the shootout was performed in?So you think rotation in various axes of each...
Only in your buywire imagination.You can lead a buck tooth wide eyed horse to water.....
Hi Jim. Just to be clear, no rational, technically literate, informed person holds such a view nor makes such a statement. Someone the opposite might erect such a strawman and attribute it to these persons, but that is another matter entirely.If a certain complex reactive speaker load yields a discernible difference between amplifiers under certain conditions, that doesn't make the system more "revealing and/or demanding", it makes one amplifier less capable than the...
Audio as it concerns audible, i.e, the perception of domestic soundfields by humans, or audio something else?That may be academic, but end users should mainly be concerned with end use. In this case, the sound they desire.Unfortunately some simply cannot discern the relevance.You realize quite incorrectly, given that I just stated there is an intrinsic interaction.The source/room interaction dominates the whole thing, top to bottom. Like rooms, there are far more than one...
Umm, that was a response to Rob and his T6s, his mention of 5.1, etc (which is in the post). No idea about yours, whatever they may be.... All these things "depend"
Oh and btw, 5.2, .3 or .4 is also best for fidelity with typical rooms and monopole subs. Your T6s could be run full range and then use one sub for smoothing, but that would be in a pinch. Better to high pass the T6s and run multi subs for higher fidelity, especially if higher SPls and a wide listening area is involved.
Hi Rob. Let me preface by saying that I probably had very similar requirements (as yours) a year or 2 back...and ended up buying a Yamaha RXA800 "Aventage", which I suppose now makes me a kood-aid drinking Yammy fanboy .To go with my 200w/ch Tripath amp (400/4ohm, stable to 2 ohms).I got the Yamaha because, it had sufficient features I wanted, with enough future proofing where I still don't feel regret about the purchase. I only require 5 ch also, but superlative 2 ch was...
I would suspect most (AVSers) are concerned mainly with living rooms, not control rooms, which are quite separate situations, despite what Studiophiles may believe. No. It's all about the acoustic source room interaction. Never heard a "room" produce sound other than AC noise myself.You mean "various" different monopole after monopole after monopole interacted modally with the room? Well, yeah...cheers,AJ