or Connect

Posts by jsmiddleton4

Really? Post deleted and I received an infraction for using the word "clowns". Gee....
"I'll just leave you to your fearmongering." Not afraid at all, nothing "fear" involved. it is simply reality. Sad that the only thing you can do to cling to some hope that software like DVDFab is going to make it financially so as to be able to continue to exist is to label a thing as "fear mongering". Will there be an under current of open source applications available to take on Goliath? You bet. Absolutely. Will those be main stream in the way DVDFab and ANYDVD...
Hair splitting lawyer like mumbo jumbo. It is stealing and Bill Clinton had sex with "that woman" too.
Huh? No evidence to back up my opinion? DVD Fab just had to do what? ANYDVD just got told what? Again some of you are so stuck on your hair splitting, what should or should not be, legal this and legal that, you are missing the point. Hollywood does not give a rat's behind about your hair splitting and legal this or that. The evidence? What they've already done. Our ability to archive encrypted disk minus the encryption is going away. You can huff and puff all you...
Huh? Sucked into what? You guys who keep wishing beyond wishing that based on some technicality Hollywood isn't going to get its way. Problem is based on what we've already seen technicality or no, Hollywood has the finances to reach its goals. Can debate about whether those goals are "good" goals. Can split hairs about his law or that, what is "fair" in this country or that. None of that matters. All that matters is Hollywood has deep enough pockets that software...
" I'm not paying for anything right now given the current confusion." You and lots of other folks. And when the group of people who are not paying continues to grow, grows to the point DVDFab, ANYDVD, etc., can not afford to stay in business, Hollywood wins. Laws or no laws.
"Until (unless) a law is enacted that makes simple possession of the specific software a crime, this discussion has no real relevance." Really? Doesn't the law now technically give owners the freedom to make an archive copy for personal use? So if that law...... Oh never mind.
Sorry but music ripping and pirating has gone way down. It and movie pirating will never go away. The issue is not will it be eliminated in total. The issues is will the media industry's efforts be effective enough to reduce pirating so as to make software like DVDFab unprofitable. And while I don't wish to be correct I am of the opinion they will. Hit a few end users and it will scare enough end users away from the software to not risk being harassed by the media...
"Digital copies" And they are lower quality than the archives I can make from the original source. Also folks like Flixster are proprietary and you have to use their app. "exact" Didn't say it was exactly the same. I said it would be similar to. Which it will be.
The power behind the media industry enforcing things which will kill software like DVDFab does not need to catch every single person who down loads the software. They just need to make examples out of a few. The news about those few getting caught will be enough deterrent to effectively kill off these kinds of software packages. The deterrent does not require the media industry catch every Tom, Dick and Harry that is using anonymous IP or even foreign country IP's. The...