or Connect

Posts by strontium

Security Torx Bit #10. Security Torx bits are DIFFERENT from regular Torx bits in that they are hollow to accommodate the peg in the centre of the screw.
There is no 'Tamper' indication per se, but there is a sticker which is attached to the drive and the drive cage. Do not touch it as the acid in your skin will react with the label and VOID will be displayed. This is mentioned in an earlier thread. If you are careful with the cage though, it is easy to gently ease the drive away from the cage without touching the label, then replace the drive with the new item. I was just careful in case I needed to replace the original...
It is running SARA. It has been running fine since the upgrade on Feb 20th. Nice to have the space to recored HD movies and not have to play 'catch up' with recorded material.
I also upgraded today to a 300gb Internal Diamond Max 10 ATA 7200 16mb buffer. (Manufacturers PN 6L300R0) Although an allen key was referenced in an earlier thread, I just needed a Phillips screwdriver and a Security Torx Bit #10. Security Torx bits are DIFFERENT from regular Torx bits in that they are hollow to accommodate the peg in the centre of the screw. As posted in other threads, a hex countdown begins and I just walked away for an hour. Came back, powered up,...