or Connect

Posts by SCutchins

I had a 5-month old LC60LE633U that got the dreaded vertical red line. Sharp agreed to exchange for a brand new LE60LE847U, quite the step up I must admit, a pleasant surprise that made the headache somewhat worthwhile. The TV is getting delivered in about a week, looking forward to it!
My 5-month old Sharp LC60LE633U got the red vertical line. Initially they wanted to exchange it for a reconditioned one, but given that the TV was so new I obviously wasn't accepting that. They authorized a new TV to be exchanged and are exchanging it for a LC60LE847U 3D Quattron. I was surprised they stepped up to such a nice model, mine was 240hz refresh but not Quattron or 3D. Way to go Sharp, it sucks that the TV was bad but my weeks of having to deal with this...
I wanted to follow up in case anyone was following this thread or was curious about this receiver. My Blu Ray does support HDMI pass through, so I connected it to the receiver via HDMI and it works fine. If I turn the player on without turning on the receiver a red HDMI light comes on on the receiver and the TV gets sound and picture. My DirecTV receiver apparently does not support HDMI pass through so I have HDMI directly into my TV and optical into the...
My kids (2 and 5) watch the Wiggles, kids movies, etc. No reason to have the receiver on when the TV speakers are fine. I was thinking of doing optical from DirecTV high-def receiver but then HDMI from Blu-Ray, but if that won't gain me anything over optical then why bother? As I'm reading more today, it seems that I CAN get better surround (TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio) through HDMI than optical, so it looks like I just might have to go HDMI after all. Can someone...
Well, the receiver is hooked up... the good is the sound, it sounds more clear than the Sony and the surround sound is better. The bad is that it does NOT have HDMI pass-thru, or if it does I can't figure out how to use it. The TV has no sound or picture with the receiver off, turn the receiver on and TV gets both. I even tried turning the receiver off while the TV was on, and the picture and sound both stopped. I had to remove HDMI into the receiver and go back...
I have all of the MotoGP races saved since '05. I wish I saved motocross also, I would love to go back and watch those Jeremy McGrath and Ricky Carmichael years! Thanks for the info. Hooking up the receiver this weekend, can't wait!
You guys are great! So all HDMI into the receiver it is, with just one HDMI out to the TV. I will probably just do component from DVD-R to TV (I use it to burn motorcycle races to DVD.) Now I just need to read up on what HD audio codecs are
I am moving my old 5.1 Sony receiver to the basement for music only. I wanted a new 5.1 that can play from a USB key since I'm getting sick and tired of hooking my laptop up to the receiver, so I picked up a Pioneer VSX-821K from WalMart online for only $199. My current receiver only has input via optical from HD satellite and Blu-Ray and component in from a DVD-R. This new Pioneer has HDMI input and output. Can someone please either explain to me, or point me in...
I have a Sharp Aquos LC-60LE633U, got it from CostCo a couple of weeks ago. The grandparents are visiting so I wanted to show them some pictures from my cell phone (HTC EVO 4G.) Downloaded an app called iMediaShare, the TV connected fine and shows all of the folders on the phone, but none of my pictures or videos will show. The odd thing is that the TV will display videos from the phone like break.com, but none of the ones that I took of the kids. Any ideas on how...
Ditto. Mine still works fine, of course by saying this that means that it will break tonight. When it does I will definitely get a new one instead of repairing this one, and more than likely another Panasonic.